Sunday 6 October 2019

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Thank goodness for Sundays! Those days you can hopefully get a lie in and then mooch about the house just doing whatever you feel like !

That's been my day today, due the tooth extraction, I should have been busy busy with Chat n Snap things but they can wait until next weekend when I'm off and my brain is back with me completely! I think the intern bruising must have come out early this morning as I woke around 1.30 in pain with a bright red hot swollen cheek, so dosed myself up and managed to get back to sleep again after a while.
I'm sure it will all calm down over the coming days just such a 'pain' that it was not just a straight forward easy result but these things happen.

Moving on, we've been doing little bits around the kitchen, the two sets french doors inside have now been painted Hague blue to match the kitchen cupboard doors and I'm loving how the darkness makes them stand out! I'd add a photo but the camera battery is on charge and the light is fading, so maybe next week.
Before we went away we settled on a William Morris, who else! , wallpaper to paper the dinning area side of the kitchen and since our visit to Standen House are now even more convinced it will look great.


It's the Cobolt /thyme colorway of the seaweed tiles and blind we are going to use, it's a lot bright than it appears in the above photo.


a bit more like this.
So wish we were at the stage that we could be putting up the wallpaper but that's a way off yet !

Also before we went away we are almost settled on this paper for the hallway , totally different to what we were first considering but who know, there is still probably a good six to nine months before we get back to the hallway so it could all change!


It's called Snakehead , in  red and gold.... thinking a nice deep red carpet on the stairs to warm the place up....

This afternoon we did some gardening, well Paul did , I just planted up a couple of the troughs. We moved a lovely blue Japanese style one round to the front from where it had been sitting near by studio but getting grass cutting over it causing grass to start getting in.


So now we have these in the curve that leads up to the front door, they will get the sun most of the morning, so should do well.


The Agapanthus our friends bought us is still opening and making a beautiful statement in the flower garden, it can be seen through the gate from the house glowing.

I used it for my mini photo shoot for the doll shelf photo, with Jenny enjoying the colour.


She's very impressed and keeps telling her dad to go buy some more !

I cannot remember if I told you I'd sold a couple of the pieces of furniture we needed to move on and they were collected last Sunday, so a very small amount of space made. Which was good and going well however I spotted a lovely chair .. I know I know.. I did resist but it was being sold by someone just down the road ! Normally these things are miles away so cost of delivery adds up or it's just too far and too expensive but this was being sold by someone ten minutes away!
Yes you have guessed it, I caved and bought it this afternoon.


It's by Ercol Evergreen high back chair and missing it's cushions which is why I decided to buy it, I can have the fun of making the cushions in any fabric I like to match the room I put it in, now I just need to find a space for it !!

Well my boys still need to be dressed as scouts, that's because I have mislaid the clothes! But I'm sure I'll find them soon.. I hope.. So on that note have a lovely healthy week ahead.

Dee

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely chair, I think you did well to buy it, you'd have kicked yourself later if you didn't...and just think, you're helping the local economy!!!
    Love the wallpaper choices too :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, I couldn't resist as it was so close , the seller even dropped it off for me! I'm very into recycling at present, saving the planet where I can :)
      The Seaweed is definite but the Snakeshead could change if I see something better! lol xx

      Delete
  2. Love the Morris wallpaper Dee and cannot wait to see what you do with the chair. :)

    I really thought your Agapanthas would have stopped flowering by now, ours all come out at the beginning of December (our summer) and make a beautiful display, just in time for my wedding anniversary too!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks , there are just sooo many lovely ones to chose from!

      How lovely that you get your Agapanthas in time for Christmas and your wedding anniversary , hugs xx

      Delete