Sunday, 11 April 2021


Well this was/is a sad week for the british people with the death of His Royal Highness, The Prince Philip. I , personally , have always loved and had great respect for him. He did a wonderful and hard job supporting our Queen in her position but also he did wonderful work in his own right. The Duke of Edinburgh's award scheme and being head of the World wild life fund as it was called and being one of the earliest people to talk about saving the planet from mans folly when it was seen as poppycock! and those are just a few of the many things he supported over a long life of service.

In fact the Prince Philip played a hand in me meeting my darling husband. Yes you could say that he had a hand in arranging our romance.

For I was working as a 16 year old for the bank and they were big on encouraging their young staff members to join the Dof E ( duke of Edinburgh's award ) and so it was that I took myself off one evening to  the YMCA near High Holborn to attend a meeting. A few weeks later who should I meet there but a 19 year old Paul , who had been encouraged by some friends to try the D of E. He offered to walk me to the underground station after the meeting and well the rest as they say is history! 

So we in the family mourn the death of one of the old school, a gentleman who gave his life to serve his adopted country , it's queen and his wife.

On a happier note, I have been sorting out the dolls clothes and selling on quite a few , which is nice that they have moved on and I now have more space and also that I have some money. I have used some of the sales money to order a few smaller slimmer plastic boxes to enable me to separate the clothing in to small groups.

I did consider selling anything that had not been on a doll in the last year but then realised I'd probably have next to nothing left ! Or should I have a magic number? only eight dresses, t shirts, trousers etc ? but then what number would be best?

But at least the sales have gone every well and quite a bit of what I have listed has gone and so some space has been made. However there are still boxes and boxes! But I will stop for a while, so I can carry on with other clearing in the studio.

One of the good thongs that came out of posting lots of parcels was I finally found a Sasha knitting pattern book that I knew I had brought inot the house to use before Christmas then promptly mislaid and dispite searching on more than one occasion finally appeared , in a place I had searched before and even asked Paul to search for me!! So at least I can now start using upsome of my wool in the evenings.

I am waiting on a non sasha doll to arrive. It is on it's way from the US and was posted on the 22 March priorty mail, well that was a waste of money since according to it's tracking it sat in Chicago for ages , then when they finally updated the tracking this week, it said it had gone via Japan on the 1 st April and as of yet is still out there in the postal system not having landed anywhere since the 1 st! So fed up with waiting for it's arrival , I paid off another non sasha doll I had on a layaway and so that will arrive by Tuesday since it is coming special delivery in UK.

I have a couple of A Girl For All Time dolls, that I pre ordered last year, that were supposted to come by February but they have only just been passed their inspection and have yet to be sent from the makers in HongKong to the UK company, so who knows when they will arrive. 

I have a few items I need to get finished today and a couple of things I want to make in this coming week along with getting back into the studio to carry on with the sorting and tidying. Plus now the weather is improving there are the usual jobs to start getting done in the garden and of course the house.

So on that note with all the things needing doing I will wish you all a happy healthy doll filled week ahead.


Friday, 9 April 2021


 in the pink !

This was taken when the snow was around earlier this year and since it's turned cold lately I thought het lovely pink glow would warm us all up.