Sunday 8 December 2019

JOY TO THE WORLD





the lord is come
let earth recieve her king
let every heart prepare him room
and heaven and nature sing
and heaven and nature sing
and heaven, and heaven, and nature sing.......

I do love a good Christmas carol !  Yes It's ture! The spirit of Christmas has arrived in the Sasha Village!
We have been out and about this weekend buying bits and bobs to help make the holiday a joyful one, hopefully, for the family. Have I finished the Christmas present buying....no !  But there is still plenty of time...


 We purchased a lovely colourful door wreath, with purple bows, that look blue in the photos.


Sansa bought a small green wreath to which she added some berries, for the lady of the door, we also purchased a new plant to go on the left while we try to save the one that was there and appears to be losing the will to live!


We found this lovely blue and yellow arts and crafts tile for £5 in one of our favourite shops which goes really well with the wallpaper we will be using in the breakfast/dinning room. we may make it into a teapot stand or just frame it and place it on the wall.


We also purchased this small wall planter which we'd seen there a couple of times and finally decided to buy and find a place in the garden for.

 
 Her head is crowned with leaves and berries.

I spent the first two days of the week resting up while the painkillers the Dr gave me got rid of the back spasms, which were being caused by the pain in the leg!  I have to confess that once back at work on Wednesday I just relied on over the counter painkillers during the day and the heavy duty ones before bed.
They have made a difference but it appears it's just one of those things I'll have to live with when attacks occur.
Of course this means I have not really achieved an awful lot but I am slowly getting things done.One of the good things about having to sit about last week as meant that I am half way through a cardigan for Clara for Christmas and my minds been working of other plans re blog etc.


 I also acquired this lovely three pint Winterberry jug by Emma Bridgewater which appears to have a small dusky purple dragon residing inside! I'm sure she'll get over her shyness when Clara comes around to visit!.

I am halfway through cleaning all the things on the dresser ready to give it a Christmas feel, so I'd best get back to it before I forget I was actually doing so and have a half empty dresser for days to come!

Hopeing you all have a lovely healthy week ahead. Bruno's Christmas tale will begin late next week.

Dee

Oh the weather outside is frightful and the fire is so delightful ! and since we've no place to go, let it snow let it snow let it snow....  ( not really! It's just a song...... )

6 comments:

  1. The front door looks beautiful, that wreath really is so very pretty Dee...and the garland on the Lady of the Front Door's head is just perfect for the season, Sansa did well ;)
    We used to have one of those ferns and like yours it struggled to survive, in the end I gave up and it died...but before it went, so the floor around it would always be covered in it's little dry leaves.
    You have bought some lovely things recently, I do like the tile, it's perfect and would look great on the wall.
    I'm sorry that you're suffering with your back, is it sciatica? I hope it'll feel better really soon.
    Big hugs Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. We have been naughty and buying things for us when we really should be finishing the Christmas presents!
      Our indoor plants either grow like weeds or grow for a while then suddenly decide they've had enough!
      I have another lovvely tile I bought years ago and it's given me an idea....
      My bad back was being caused by my bad leg! the back taking the strain of me limping! The back is fine now and the leg is inproving. hugs xx

      Delete
  2. Love the tile and the jug Dee! :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol me too, it's a slippery slope this love of beautiful things.. ;) hugs xx

      Delete
  3. Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without a bit of Bridgewater ...love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! lol That's why I've a few more things on the way.... damn those 40% off plus the sneaky lets give you another 10% on those things you left in your basket..... :))

      Delete