Sunday 21 March 2021

SUNDAY MUSINGS

 Well this week's been all about the wood !  Paul's been making my shop front in between walking the dogs and various other jobs. It's been fun making decisions about what to do. 


So it is now being painted and will next appear once finished. We mixed the colour I wanted which hopefully will look fine once dry. I would like to thank everyone for their input into door panel or no door panel and other suggestions. 

Alas it was to late to add a letterbox, the panel had already been added before the suggestion appeared but I think once painted it's going to look great.

I am now in discussion with my ' worker ' about the addition of a window display area , I have been informed that he doesn't work Sundays ! 

This comes from our decision last year , once we retired , that we would keep weekends as non ' house/garden' working days in order to help break the week up.

Jokingly I suggested that my shop was different... like having a holiday.... So as I was saying next week Paul will finish the shop front and make the display unit to stand in the window area when it's needed. 


The doll sales have slowed right down at the moment but then I have sort of put them on the back burner while I got on with other things.

However I did see a lovely Regency outfit for my AGFAT dolls and snapped it up quick as the seller is very popular and things do not sit around in her shop for long.

I will try it on a Sasha at some stage as I think it would work on her too.


So finally another girl is dressed in Regency style. The silly thing is I have the patterns to make everything she is now wearing from the hat to the slippers ! It's just the case of getting my mojo in gear and making things.
At present I'm fixed on my new shop, so I am going to leave this girl where I can see her everyday in her outfit and hope it will get me motivated to start on making more outfits myself once Easter's been and gone!

The days are finally getting warmer when the sun breaks thorugh the cloud and I can see that it won't be long before we start to spend more time outside than in and I can get into my studio and have another big sort out of all the things that have been left in there over the winter. 
I will be needing to find a space to put the shop front, where it can be used and set up for Granny Fortuna but also moved to use for other doll projects.

So on that note I will wish you all a happy healthy week ahead.

Dee



2 comments:

  1. I like the panel. Granny certainly will take orders online, so it doesn't matter the letterbox didn't fit in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes Granny will take requests online as we all know Granny does npt take orders .. lol

      Delete