Friday 18 November 2022

EVERYONE NEEDS A

 CASTLE in their lives ;)

I'm trying to decrease the number of items, that I'm leaving around the house, since the idea of having a doll studio was so I would not fill the house with things!

So, the doll cabinet, that's still in the breakfast end of the kitchen/breakfast room, we won't go there, recently acquired a Meileg castle tower and hall. It did fit quite well on top; however, it was reducing the natural light coming into that side of the room and since we are heading into winter reducing the natural light is not a good move!


Now it was time to find it a home in the studio.


The only place it could go was here on top of this cupboard which was overloaded with boxes!

Which meant finding them all a new home, even if only until I could find a better one later.


It looks a lot better there than the pile of assorted boxes.



There is even space for the other castle tower, but will I get it?... Is the Pope Catholic? 

Well. since the pope is catholic, I have added a little more to my castle!



and it's this! This is a bag that Meileg sell, it comes with a little mouse, this one is in a ballerina outfit.


There is a cutout window at the back, here shown with a Roche doll and the ballerina looking out the window.


and the mouse coming out of the door, which you just press out to open it up.


Here it is standing beside the rest of the castle, it's not as deep as the proper castle make does make a good edition I feel.


a view of the rooms.


Edward and Mr Mossy have decided to check the place out with a view to moving in! But there is not much in the way of furnishings and could they all fit! Mr Mossy's not giving up on the idea, he fancies being lord of the manor!

Editions to the castle continue to appear... 


This time a small addition of the princess and the pea tower room.


Seen earlier with Ginny talking to the Princess Araminta. 


So, my castle is coming along nicely. I think another small section in the middle could finish it off nicely, if the bag had been wider, I could have put the middle section on that but it's too narrow. 



So here it is, the finished castle. Today the second hall box arrived which I have added to the middle section.

Unfortunately, a large order of furniture I put in, is lost somewhere at royal mail and so I am waiting for the store to replace the missing parcel!

But along with the final section, a pair of chairs arrived which Edward and Mr Mossy are now sitting on alongside the fireplace that also arrived. However, the beds and bath are still missing.


v



x



a few mushrooms growing on the roof!!

I think the small teddies, will be taking up residence in the castle once the furniture arrives, so Mr Mossy will be one very happy mystic bear!

NB this castle's been built up over a few months and the post started and added to as each new part arrived.

3 comments:

  1. It's a very impressive castle, and I have to say that I got a good chuckle at the pic of the blender in the entrance hall. Anyone who owns a castle really needs to have a blender handy to whip up the occasional margarita. It helps to forget about all those old house problems, like mushrooms growing on the roof!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honest you cannot take those bears anywhere! ;) I think you'd need a good few cocktails, if you owned a castle with all those jobs that needed doing!

      Delete
  2. Me too. :) So hard to be good!

    ReplyDelete