Sunday, 23 August 2026

ANOTHER SUNNY SUNDAY . . . . .

 



Yes the sun is still shinning ! We were promised rain, well okay they did not actually promise but they did show the rain crossing the country our way ! Then we watched the big black and grey clouds head our way and then pass either side of us ! To drop their rain elsewhere in the county but not here !

In all this talk of rain we had one twenty minute downpour, something during one night and then nothing zero ! Saturday was lovely and cool to start with but by afternoon the temp had hit 26 c but there was still a nice cool breeze with it but still no rain ! 


But now it's cooled down , I decided it was time to find the studio floor again ! 


The view from the doorway, I've already removed one box before this photo was taken, I'd dumped things back inside before I went off to look after Clara and also when the people were to view the garden.

The pavement in front of the shop has become a shelf full of items that need sorting and putting away !

The space I have to walk through to get to the chest of drawers! So bags first ! 


So five bags and two boxes to sort out and put away in their correct homes, or to find the things in them homes. I've decided that I must also be hard this time, not keep hold of scraps of fabric or things I will never use but may be hard to sell.

When we set the studio up, we used kitchen units for the bases but did not buy any skirting boards, so the space below could be used for more storage with the boxes shown above. Well a month or so back I pulled this box out to see just what was it in.

turned out it was . . . . . . . 

 Treasure !!


In amongst everything were around 39 fat quarters of William Morris fabric  plus the two larger pieces one of which is shown on the back 


This little selection of interesting fabrics and 


Plus four packets of Kaffe Fassett Free Spirit fabric each containing 42 x 5 inch squares for quilting ! 

now this shot satin was going to be used for regency jackets for my A Girl for all time dolls, I had this fabric and I had the pattern ! But the dolls have all moved on but I have other dolls that could get use of it.

Now lets be honest , the likelihood of me actually using all this up any time soon, is almost zero ! So I am going to list the Kaffe Fassett quilting squares but will wait on the rest, to see if any project ideas come along.  Maybe a WM quilt is on the cards but we all know my attention span and timetable for making things ! 

But I have been much more creative this year , so maybe I will return to this box, once winter arrives and work my way through it. Hoy! That was a flying pig ! 


Ava very kindly stepped in to be today's headliner, since I forgot to take a photo for today's post and it's now too hot outside to take one.


On the doll front, I have sold a doll and a few other doll bits and piece's.
However I did buy a couple of other dolls, I know !! But at least because I am having a sort out I am now finding more things that I can sell to open up the space and pay for new dolls. Although I would like to manage not to buy any more for a good while.

Have a lovely healthy doll filled week ahead 

Dee 





1 comment:

  1. My God! How much fabric can one woman have Sis? I hope during the winter you make lots of nice SASHA things :)

    ReplyDelete