Sunday, 6 September 2026

A SUNNY SEPTEMBER SUNDAY

 

So it's September, the herald to autumn, a season I love. Already we are having the lovely sunny days with the nights starting to cool. We are also still having a few rain showers which after the long hot summer we have had, are still welcome. 

The garden is desperate for whatever water it can get , since the hosepipe ban is still in place and our soil is the free draining type , which means it really suffers from lack of watering. We will be looking at lots of ways we can store water and also need less watering next year , if as they say, the summers could be full of heatwaves like this year. We will no doubt lose some plants by the end of the year, so will be looking at those plants that can cope in hot dry weather to replace them. 

The bedroom is on hold while we sort out a plumber to remove and refit a new radiator but the swatch of the damson coloured fabric arrived and goes well with the wallpaper and so I will be buying some fabric to make a headboard and also some roman blinds for each window. 


Without intention, the bedroom colourway is turning out to be similar to the flowers on this vintage water jug, that we have owned for years. Since I have always loved the jug and it's decoration, I'm more than happy it's working out that way.

Well I have done some cleaning up this week  but it's been inside and not out in the doll studio or the overflow doll store but I will get there , slowly but surely. Especially as its autumn on the way, when we all get the sort it out, sell it, donate it vibe.



Today's headliner is the lovely Poppy, who swapped dresses with Claudia , so she could match up with her blonde sisters in the William Morris dresses.

On the reducing front, a small doll chair and a baby Sasha sold which is making space. I have not bought anything this week but I do have a couple of dolls , Roche ones, arriving on Monday I bought them a few weeks back from a friend who was selling them for a very reasonable price, so I asked her to hold them while I raised the funds , which she kindly did. But they do have places on the Roche doll shelf now I have had a change about.

So on that note I will wish you all a lovely happy healthy week ahead.

Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment