Sunday 10 August 2014

A VISIT TO GILL'S

I went for a quick afternoon visit to Gill's after I finished work yesterday and before I went home to celebrate my wedding anniversary with Paul.
By the time I arrived the welcome barbecue for Helen who is travelling around the Sasha World before rejoining her mum at next years festival, was in full swing!


You can see that there were lots of children ready to enjoy meeting and welcoming her to her new temporary abode.


Even Gill's cat wanted to join in the fun!


The line of children waiting for something to eat was quite long but they were very well behaved and no one started sing why are we waiting!


Ava and Zak went up to help with the dishing up of the food , to try and get everyone fed while it was still hot!


Sansa was soon involved in a game of Quoits while Belinda was chatting to one of Karin's boys about skipping.



A couple of the children were riding their bikes which they had brought with them.


Loved this little no nose lad of Theresa's



A serious discussion was going on over at the croquet equipment, something about Grass??


Theresa's baby was sitting with Gill's along with Theresa's girl's dog, which Gill's girl loved and I think will be wanting one of her own!!


The queue was getting longer ! and Karin's dungaree's girl started to appeal to her mum to go to MacDonald's and buy some extra burgers! before they all died of hunger!! She's quite a dramatic little soul!!



The chef was not impression with Karin's girl's moaning and very nearly downed tools!! But Helen travel soon smoothed things over.


There was talk of starting their own chapter of the Hell's Angel's over with the bikers!!!! No one had the heart to tell them they needed to have motor bikes not pedal ones!!
Theresa's lad wanted them to call themselves the Bletchley Chapter...


Gill's Harry said they should be called the Belchley Chapter because they were meant to be rude and hard!!
The boy's then proceeded to see who could belch the loudest much to the disgust of the girls!!


The party was a big success and Helen very happy to be on the next stage of her travels.



*******************************************************************************

My thanks to Theresa who brought along and set up all the lovely scenes which I  just photographed and added my dolls to. It was a very hot day, yes I know that it's now raining cats n dogs but yesterday was very hot and sunny luckily!

I wish I had had more to time to move the Sasha's about for a proper village tale!! And I really need to get a handle on people dolls names including my own!!



3 comments:

  1. I've just come from visiting Theresa's blog post of this same event and having seen you there was wondering if you'd taken any photos as well. Quess that my question has now been answered!

    Thrilled too to see that you had got down to more their height level to make us seem more like part of the garden party and give us some closer details! (Something that I can unfortunately no longer do so I have to bring them up to my sitting height which is never quite the same!)

    Great that Belinda was there as she is my favourite of all your dolls. I too love Theresa's No-nose lad although as you know I'm not such a fan of these face styles.
    I had already recognised most of Gill's, Karin's in their denims and Theresa's dolls from previous photos. No problem with spotting all of your four and pleased to see the 'wedding anniversary couple' there enjoying themselves.... though was sad to read that you had to go to work that morning!

    Hope that you and Paul enjoyed your special evening together last night and have now started happily this morning (in spite of the rain) on your fourtieth year of marriage

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day was had by all! It's lovely to see so many Sasha and Gregor children (and babies too of course) enjoying the British summertime at Gills house. I wish I could have been there! I love all the props and toys, the little chef working so hard at the bar-b-que and the lovely dolls....yes, it certainly looks like a fun day was had by all!
    Big hugs Sharon xx
    PS I hope you went home and had a lovely celebration with Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dee, you did a great job here! Three of us have covered more or less the same ground, but we still managed to get some different shots in! Lovely pictures. You really are very good at this. I agree with you about the names! It was a lovely day out. Already looking forward to a repeat!!! xxx Karin

    ReplyDelete