Sunday 20 August 2017

SUNDAY SO TIME TO CHAT!

Another weeks flown by ! Mind you it's surprising what you can do in a week .. when prop hunting!

The props just seem to be appear everywhere and just the right size for the dolls, some which I have thought would suit one size have actually suited both or could even be said to be more in keeping with the Sasha than a larger doll.
Just goes to show you can never truly know until you have the item and a doll together in the same place.

But first up I thought I'd share with you an intruder! Yes I have to say that the house had someone just let themselves in! yes just park themselves and settle down to sleep on the sofa! and I have to say that they have done it before but been discovered and made to go! But this time they were sound asleep and did not even stir !

I was able to take a couple of photos as evidence for any court case....such a cheek this girl's got !


Look! There she is as bold as you like! settled down on the sofa fast asleep! and it's not the first time either!


Talk about make yourself comfortable!


even turns round to get another comfy spot! What a cheeky Miss!

I do have to say that Mabel is very careful and does not damage anything although once a bear was sitting minding his own bears-ness and she came and sat on him! Poor bear could bear-ly breathe!

Now to the props.


I found this chair which suits all the dolls although the seat's been over padded, so the heavier dolls like Evelyn here sit better for the present than the lighter dolls.


Evelyn tries it out.

Now my next prop I bought with Evelyn and Ivy in mind. So reminded me of my childhood!


A Hoover washing machine with mangle! Evelyn's over the moon with this new updated version! will save all that scrubbing with the washboard!


Everything ready to start washing!


Plenty of room to wash all the clothes these doll children seem to get through!


Joined by Zak , who wants to help. Evelyn is around 20 inches and Zak 15 and I have to say I thought it would be more the size for Evelyn but it works just as well with the Sasha/Gregors, they being children who would be small against a washing machine.


Evelyn explains to Zak just how it works and how when the washing's ready it needs to be squeezed through the mangle to get all the excess water out before it can be hung out to dry!


Zak thinks it sounds like a lot of hard work! But he'd really like to turn the mangle and sqeeze the clothes!
Auntie Evelyn tells him, he can have that very job once she found a place for it in her kitchen and put a load on!
Two happy people!


Meanwhile work is starting on the folly!!!


Here is Paul working out the brick spacing's ready to start building!


The first part of the stone arched doorway is in place so the walls can start to go up!! I will share more of the build next weekend here and on the garden blog.


Maude took part in my doll and bear alphabet challenge with R is for Ruby Red.. the poem that went with it and other photos can be seen on my dolly dreaming blog accessed by the link on the side bar.


Poor girls still waiting for a change of clothes but this outfit suited the theme but she'll be changed by next week..... I hope...

So I need to go help take the bricks down to the folly site, while Paul starts his brick laying!
Have a great week ahead, will hope to post during this coming week, so see you then.


********************************************************************************

20 comments:

  1. I love your little kitty!! And that lovely dolly lounge!! Those gorgeous little armchairs, the lamp, the table!! If Ezri saw these there would be no peace!! I remember my own nanna's washing machine with mangle. I must have been small(er) then as I remember reaching up and pulling myself up to try and see the washing, but I was to small! Nanna would pick me up so I could look inside. I would watch as she squeezed it through the mangle and then hand her the dolly pegs when she hung it on the washing line. Nanna died in '72, so a very long time ago, but very happy memories :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All found on ebay apart from the lamp which is just a lamp for us, that came from a DIY store lighting section and the sofa that cat likes which is a build a bear one , that I found on the local market a few years back for £5.
      These toys to bring back such happy memories when we see them :) xx

      Delete
  2. NOT too sure if I can forgive you for the mentioning of 'I can remember this Hoover washing/mangle machine from my CHILDHOOD'... as I was given my late mother's second hand machine like this two years into my marriage to help me cope with the washing and wringing my daughter's Terry Toweling nappies (which I had been doing completely by hand during her first year until then.)

    I'd like to mention to those of you who only know about using automatic washing machines, that you had to manually fill and empty these Hoover single tubes via a bucket. Firstly you had to drag out the machine from under the kitchen counter and stand it close by the kitchen sink. Then fill the tub with water from the hot tap using a bucket, after adding the soap powder you then turned it on.
    When finished being washed you then lifted the items out of the hot water with some wooden/metal tongs and struggled to get them to go through the mangle.

    After which you manually rinsed them several times by hand in the kitchen sink before putting then through the mangle again.

    Finally you let the rubber tube fixed to one side down and emptied the water into a bucket placed on the floor, which you then lifted and tipped into the sink (a good five or six times) being very careful not to let the water spill onto the kitchen floor in the process.
    At the very end you swilled out the tub inside with a bucket full of clean water, then emptied that out via the tube and bucket, and finally wiped the inside and the mangle dry before pushing the whole lot back underneath the kitchen counter.

    Then almost every time the you had to mop up any spilled water off the kitchen floor before going out into the garden and hanging/pegging out your washing on the line.

    Great new props BTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like such hard work! However I am old enough to remember that our Victorian or possible older terraced house in London had a backyard with a wash house! In which was a sink and a mangle! and I do remember as a child using that mangle. We did not even have electricity until I was about eight and would have to light the gas mantels!!
      When I was first married we had a twintub washing machine, do you remember those, pretty much had to do what you've said . pull it out fill it up , empty it with from the tube and put it all back again under the worktop!
      Not like today straight in with a washing machine and tumble dryer!:)

      Delete
    2. I was given my late mother's Hoover twin tub washing machine a few years later. That spinner was such as great help.
      I didn't get an automatic washing machine until 1978 when I got married for the second time and decided to have that instead of a diamond engagement ring (having already got one!)
      One of my marriage presents was a tumble dryer so finally I was all set up for those never ending washing days!

      Delete
    3. I had an ancient twin tub washing machine in the early days of our marriage, when we were living in a flat in Pembroke Dock. It had a pump for draining out the water, though it didn't always work and towards the end the machine had sprung a leak so I had to stand it on towels when doing a load. It didn't have a mangle though I had bought a miniature one for my dollshouse by that time. I didn't get a tumble dryer until years later when I was using modern washable nappies for Dmd (much nicer than terry towel and plastic pants) and would dry the cloth inner nappies on a Sheila's maid then tumble dry for a short time to soften them.

      Delete
  3. What an adorable photo. Your Zwergnase girl looks like she's at a complete loss as to what to say to this impertinent visitor. Great to see that the folly is rising out of the ground. My mother originally had a Maytag washing machine like that (in an era when most people already had automatic machines). As a little kid, I remember her explaining to me quite earnestly that you had to get ALL of the water out of the hose so it didn't start to rot. I remember thinking to myself, "You should be so lucky"!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Mabel gets away with murder by looking so cute! I don't think the Zwergnase girl knew what to think! ;)
      It is so nice to see it starting to 'appear'
      Lol how we are spoilt now with all the electrical goods we have to hand :)

      Delete
  4. I remember the mangle so well..when I was very young my sister dared me to put my hand in the mangle rollers...which I did, my mum panicked, tried to wrench my foreman free, dislocated my shoulder in the process and finally my dad arrived to dismantle the thing, I still have vague memories of the hospital doctor popping my shoulder into place and giving me a foul tasting sweet afterwards :)
    Lovely post...how cute are the pictures with the cat taking a nap ?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Ronny, what a memory...a painful one I would think? I have heard of popping joints back into place and that really hurts!! 😬 Glad it ended all right. xx

      Delete
    2. I was very little about three, so it was a long time ago :) Although I did like the nurse who looked after me and her uniform (she let me wear her cap)...and when I grew up I did actually become a nurse and wore a nurse's cap of my own!!

      Delete
    3. OMG I bet you were screaming your head off and your poor mum was beside herself! Was it a foul tasting sweet or did it have some painkiller on it! I remember them give you a sugar lump covered with some vaccination when I was small!
      and did you thank your sister for setting you on your career path ;) x

      Delete
    4. I think it was just a foul tasting sweet :) I remember the sugar lump and the polio vaccine...we must be around the same age:) I suppose I should have thanked my sister, although I wouldn't have minded being a vet...just as well I didn't I would have taken every waif and stray home!I wouldn't have minded being a cowboy...I have always liked Strtson hats, but not much call for cowboys where I live!!

      Delete
    5. I'm so feeling your pain by just reading this. It was so easy to get your fingers accidentally caught in the mangle... BUT to do it deliberately on orders from your sister!!! Pleased that you survived in good form in spite of this.
      Guessing that's a good enough way to choose a future career.

      Delete
  5. I love your kitty photos and how perfect she looks in your doll room! I remember the mangle though it was my grandmother's machine and so I only saw it during visits and not in operation. Your prop is really very nice for the dolls. Good to see Zak and Maude! 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cat does look rather sweet I have to agree ! and at least she did not knock a doll out the way to get there! :)
      I've been very happy with all these props I'm finding :) xx

      Delete
  6. Great post, Dee. There's always something interesting going on at The Village.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni. Normally it's those boys up to something , so it makes a change for it to be just day to day things :)

      Delete
    2. Love your post. Reminds me of Alice in Wonderland with the cat on the sofa. Have to say that Gertie is lovely. I may just have to get one. She is a beauty.
      Had a twin tub for many years where I washed what seemed like endless diapers. Had 2 in diapers at one time because the middle two are 16 months apart. Crazy times! Still remember getting an automatic washer in 1977.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Carol :) I remember those terry nappies! Mothers today don't know how lucky they are!
      Sounds like you had your work cut out for you back then with two still in nappies ! Automatic washing machines.. wonderful :) lol

      Delete