Sunday 2 June 2019

SUNDAY 2ND JUNE !

Yes June ! almost halfway through the year! But what fun we are having! The first of June in England  has been wonderful and warm , the sun shinning, which makes everyone feel happy and that life is good and hoping that the weather will continue through the summer.



So what's been happening in the village ? Well I just knew as I was typing about those kitchen doors being put on to the units in the kitchen that I'd just given that plan the kiss of death! You know what happens when you make plans.. yep things come along to ride over them !

However they have had a second coat of paint but I'll say no more for fear of another spanner getting thrown in the works!



But on the downsizing of our possessions I've been doing quite well in some ways. I put seven dolls on ebay and have sold three already and they are with their new owners or on the way. A couple of others have had some inquiries, so hopefully another one or two may find new homes. Now don't get me wrong , every doll I'm selling is a doll I do love but there just comes a time when you have to look at the space that's available and whether or not you have actually given a doll any attention.
It's all very well them having pretty faces but crammed in a cupboard will soon put paid to that!

So I'm thinning out my less used or attended dolls , keeping maybe just one or two of my absolute favourites from each design/maker or none at all!

I've also cleared a few more books from our cookery and gardening books plus others and now twenty nine are elsewhere in charity shops etc, making space on the shelves for Paul and my record albums from the seventies and eighties.
It's nice to finally have a place for them, since we took the box from out the shed and left it under the stairs.
There are still lots more books to look through but I'm doing them as and when I need the space at present because I have other places that need help first.

I have to say that I'm getting more committed to just getting rid of any of the household items that are never used or no longer needed and hope to be clutter free , well on the household side, by December!


I say some success clearing out because alas I cannot resist a discount on Emma Bridgewater ! And since I do consider my EB a collection but one that is always in use, I don't feel quite so bad about adding a mug or three, now and then !
Yes that is three mugs and a tin.... what can I say I love tins too! lol 

I've not yet Marie Kondo'd my clothes since I've worked all week including Saturday but hopefully I'll be able to get round to it this coming week.

On the work front everything was going smoothly and had settled down somewhat, with just a tweak or two still to sort but it's all blown up again! But more about that another time, the weekend weathers been too lovely to spoil with tales of woe

Well while I've been coming back and forward to finish this post all day now most of the new kitchen doors are now on! But still need a little work and their handles. The new lower units have arrived along with the new sink, so it's slowly coming along. Ill hopefully be able to share some more photos next Sunday.

So It's a new month , so it's almost time for those Doll shelf photos on the fifth, I've plans to take mine outside in the garden providing the weather agrees.

Wishing everyone with a birthday this month, a happy and wonderful day.

Dee



No comments:

Post a Comment