Sunday 16 June 2019

SUNDAY SUN!!

YES! it's true today we are having some SUN! it did not arrive until an hour or so ago ( 2 pm ) and who knows just how much longer it will stay with the very strong gusty wind that's blowing but it's so nice to finally see it!

We in England have had a week of almost constant rain ! Cold nights and cool days! I even put my scarf along with my long winter coat back on to protect me from the rain and cold  ! Where is Flaming June? I did catch a small glimpse on Friday when I was driving back to work for a good friends leaving do but since I was in the car and it was late afternoon there was no chance of enjoying it!

Although the weeks appear to be rocketing past the work is almost on at a standstill! But then we have both had a heavy week.

And yesterday we had friends coming to dinner , only to just be finishing a late lunch, due to me working the morning, for the door bell to ring and Paul to bring our old next door neighbours into the living room. We'd not seen them for about nine years! They'd been in the area and thought they'd knock to see if we were in.
 We had a lovely catch up and despite the length of time since we'd last met, it was just as if they'd popped in from next door!
( I'd lost my address book a few years back and it was not until last year that I managed to find their address to send a card and note ) So their address and contact details are now in the new address book.

So by the time they'd left and we had about twenty minutes before our friends arrived for dinner , so we had a full day that was perfectly spent with our friends.


I found this beautiful plate on ebay, it's from the 1930's and it's the first one from this maker that I'd seen in this colourway. So I snapped it up looking forward to adding it to my small collection from this company.

I knew it would fit in my new kitchen's colour palette of blue and yellow.

Only for it to arrive and be broken... : (


I think , this plate's lasted almost 100 years only to be failed by wrapping in flat bubble wrap and a slim box! Yes I have been refunded but I'd rather have this plate in the perfect condition it started it's journey in! I cannot bring myself to throw it out, so I'm going to see if Paul can repair it but I'll be forever aware it's damaged. So now I'll be looking out for another..... I think it will be a long long search taking years...

The kitchen ,due to work and visitors, came to a standstill this weekend but I am ever hopefully that progress will be made next weekend. I did however donate a large box of paperback books to charity and have decided to donate a lovely Denby tea set I own , along with some other china to another charity shop. I also sold another doll, so the possessions are slowly going down, although Paul says I'm also doing my hardest to just increase them in another way! ( He's referring to my vintage china! )


On a different note because this afternoon been lovely and sunny although very windy I have been able to get outside and see just what Toby and Zak were up to ! So I'm off to write the rest of that tale ready for publishing on Monday or Tuesday.



Have a lovely Healthy fun filled week ahead.

Dee


1 comment:

  1. Oh what a shame that the plate arrived damaged, it's so pretty too. Maybe you can get it professionally prepared?
    xx

    ReplyDelete