Sunday 17 November 2019

SUNDAY 17TH

I thought I'd start this Sunday's post with a photo of what I think is a most beautiful cabinet.

 It's by Percy and Albert interiors, who you can find on facebook, they upcycle older pieces of furniture and then sell them on. I saw this and was blown away at just how wonderful it looks. I love the colour chosen and the gold highlights and the bright bird wallpaper inside.
If you remember I have a much less vivid bird wallpaper to go into my Arts and Crafts bureau but seeing this is tempting me to maybe go BOLD!
But could I bring myself to paint it? No ! not the outside even though it's obviously been repaired but I was planing on painting the inside of the desk area and seeing this as confirmed that would be a good thing. Either way I love what Percy and Albert interiors have done to this cabinet giving it a new lease of life for many years to come. There are more photos of their other projects on their FB Page.

Moving on .. I seem to be fighting a sea of 'things' no matter what I do , how much I sort out, remove, give away, tidy away there is just more ! But I will not be defeated in this endevour and so today I did a little more sorting out tidying away , I'm working on the every little helps plan!  Work on the house has come to a grinding halt ! partly because other things needed doing, garden, housework etc and  we need an electrician to come and sort out the switches that used to be on the wall we removed , plus a little bit of plastering needs doing! Although there are some things that could be getting done in the kitchen , it's just not happening! Now with Christmas aproaching and all that entails I think it will all have to wait until the new year or that time in the new year when it hits you.
You know , when you suddenly look at the house and need things to happen! I usually find this is around February when spring is on the horizon.

I did however decide to dress lots of the girls in their Brownie and Guide uniforms,


Although some are still waiting for some socks or tights to complete their outfit  at least  they have had a change of clothing.

I need to get on with my new chair cushion but cannot decide if I should use piping ( made in the fabric ) on the cushion edge? Of course because I'm undecided  nothing is getting done about it! I did however buy a lovely large cushion pad for the back of the chair , so in truth I could cut everything out apart from the piping while I make up my mind.... 

Well I have lots to be getting on with, a Christmas story to think about, I do have an idea , I just need to workout where it's all going to happen!

So have a lovely healthy week ahead

Dee





8 comments:

  1. That's certainly an interesting piece, I like it, but Idon't know if I'd have it in my home though. Gawd I know exactly how you feel Dee, so many things to do, so little time and right now even less motivation, it tends to owerwhelm and then you feel like a dog chasing it's tail. I empathise!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so like chasing your tail! I just don't know where it all comes from! but I'll get there sooner or later! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I agree that is a very pretty cabinet, and I think you could do something very similar with yours when you get the time. I know what you mean about having stuff and that the piles never seem to go down, because I find we're exactly the same. Where does it all come from!!! I hope you're successfull and get yourselves sorted.
    Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may get some brighter paper for mine , so that it gives it a bit of zing! You know how I love a bit of zing!! lol
      There must be someone out there who nips in and refills the house while we're busy sorting out another area!
      I'm sure i'll get there eventually even if I slow through the winter, Spring always makes me want to have a big clean out!! :) xx

      Delete
  3. You could do a lot better yourself Dee...all you need is a pot of Farrow and Ball and just go wild :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or better yet, let the kids paint for you!

      Delete
    2. I do love a pot of farrow and ball :) Come the spring I may have a go! :)

      Delete
    3. Mmm let the kids paint it for me...do I really want to live that dangerously?????

      Delete