Sunday 16 February 2020

16th FEBRUARY IT MUST BE SUNDAY!

Already half way through the month! I have had a lovely ..ish week ! I always keep a week of each years holiday allowance for the next year , it needs to be taken by the end of February, so I always have a week around this time of the year.

Like with all my 'spare' time I have lots of things that I think I will get done in the time I have free but like every single time, only a small amount of whats planned , a small amount of what isn't gets done and a lot gets left for next time! But I am pleased that I have managed to get a few things done on my list along side some that wasn't.

It also give me time to chop and change things around. This house seems to be notorious for having piles of items left on most of the available flat surfaces. Beside where I sit on the sofa, being one such place, I'll read my post etc and then place on the little cupboard at the side of me and there it will stay for weeks until finally I get around to moving it all and sorting it out!
But this time I decided that I needed to redefine the area and hopefully stop the pile up of items happening.
I had an idea and then went in search of something I'd actually bought for the dolls to use.


It was the little book rack ! Now my note books and other books plus a couple of dvd's that we've not yet watched can be stored tidily until needed. It was the perfect size for the space as if made to measure.




On friday I was bitten by the 'throw it out ' feeling and so I did throw out some items that have just sat around in cupboards or drawers never being used or needed. Part of me is itching to rearrange furniture but that I have managed to resist so far or should I say for now.

I treated us to some Morris and Co bedding , so now have to decide which bedding will be moved on. I only ever buy quality bedding which means nothing ever fades or wears out, which means it can be hard to get rid of it because it's in lovely condition.


I also purchased another set in Strawberry thief design before Christmas. It must be a good seven years since the last time I bought any actually quilt sets ,although I have bought new sheets during that time.

And I have finally stopped the idea that you keep the good things for special occasions and now I'm making sure to use everything and enjoy it.

I'm writing this at present on Satureday with the wind gusting around the house and the rain falling. I do love the sound of the wind, although it can be destructive when it's this powerful, I still enjoy the sound and seeing the trees moving and feeling that force of nature.

But since I've been 'stuck' inside due to the weather this afternoon/ evening, it does mean my being good as slipped somewhat ! No dolls... yet .. but I have ordered some storage bags and three books , oh and a small doll sized old table... so far....

It's now Sunday and the storm battered the house most of the night , waking us up on occasion. First thing this morning the wind had gone and the rain had stopped but not for long. It's now windy again but nowhere near as bad as overnight but the rain is falling again making puddles on the patio.

So another indoor day. I'd love to say that means I'd been extra productive but in fact, by the time I've read the Sunday paper from cover to cover  discussed what I've read with Paul and had a cup of tea or two it's soon lunchtime, then suddenly it's late afternoon!
I'm selling a couple of non sasha dolls on ebay and need to take a few more photos and add more detail of one of them, so that's still to do, before the light does!

I had been hoping to take a few dolls photos but alas it's too wet to be dragging dolls out of the Studio to the house and back and too dim and untidy to take photos in the studio at present. One of the first things on our list is sorting out the electrics for the kitchen and studio just need to ring the electrician and get him to come and give us a price and a date for the work.
Then we can get on with the kitchen/breakfast room, followed by the bedrooms then the hall, stairs and landing can be finished.
I've already changed my mind about the wallpaper for the hall as if we got with the red/gold it won't match in with the colouring of the tiles in the entry, so I am looking at other papers now but still loads of time until it will need buying!

Well it looks like the rains stopped for a few minutes so I'm off to the studio to grab a few things.

Have a lovely healthy doll filled week ahead.

Dee


 


6 comments:

  1. Before I started reading your post, I actually studied the pics and marveled at how neat and tidy everything looks. Things seldom look that organized here at Gregoropolis, try as we might.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an illusion ! If it's tidy it only seems to last for a few days before things start reappearing as if my magic!!

      Delete
  2. SNAP! A pile of paperwork mounts up here too next to where I sit on the settee and open my post but usually only gets seen to when it finally rises so high that it spills and topples over onto the floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like everyone is the same in one way or another! Once upon a time I was very very tidy but time and other family members have worn me down ;)

      Delete
  3. The side table next to your sofa looks perfect and so nicely organised Dee! I also have that problem here, see a flat surface, bung something on it and leave it there for weeks. Brian and I both have a small basket on our side tables, mine is reasonably neat and I keep tidying it regularly but he seems to just bung stuff on his in a haphazard fashion which really bugs me!
    I love the new bedlinen, in my favourite colours too. Blue and white always looks so nice and fresh doesn't it!
    Well I hope your weather clears up soon, it was dreadful when I was there....and it's been a bit dull here today too, but hopefully nothing like there.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and for the minute it is still tidy....lol Sounds like we all have the same issues :)
      I agree bue and white bedlinen always looks so lovely and fresh.
      Spring is just round the corner.. I keep telling myself.. xx

      Delete