Friday 31 July 2020

FINALLY THE DAY HAS COME


 
Yes I did say I was staying to work another two months but at the time that was supposed to be just working from home and going into work maybe a day or two a week. But I could see that as lockdown eased I was going to become the cannon fodder, in order that my manager could stay home despite her constantly saying she could not wait to get back in!
Plus other things had changed , so I decided that since my head was still believing that I'd be stopping at the end of July , that I would stop at the end of July.


So today is my last day with the bank, after twenty two years and three months exactly, this time round.
I am so looking forward to being my own boss, enjoying being at home and with my family and doing all those things I have had to put off because I had to go into work!
I'm due to become a Grandee again in November, to a little boy and will be available to help out without having to think about work !

The sun is shining and the sky is blue and the world is mine to do as I please... perfect.


Dee



8 comments:

  1. Wishing you every happiness in your retirement, what a beautiful sunny day to begin, you'll no doubt be busier than ever! Best wishes, Vivxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Viv :) It is a beautiful day to retire on, even it a little hot for me :) You mean I won't get to just sit about? lol xxx

      Delete
  2. That's superb news, Dee! Congratulations and best wishes on the 'next chapter'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm so ready to start this next chapter :)

      Delete
  3. Dear Dee,
    What wonderful news. (Actually times two congratulations on a new little one as well). I can only imagine how much less stress you feel. I shall think of you pottering around your home and garden, imagining and having fun. Best wishes.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie :) It seemed a long time coming and now with the added bonus of a little grandson, all being well, in November :)
      lol I definiately potter and now have no need to rush since my time will be my own :)
      Dee x

      Delete
  4. This is great news Dee, I'm so glad that you're now retired and able to enjoy life so much more and a new baby grandson, that is wonderful!!!! So exciting.
    I wish you a very long and happy retirement :) And look forward to all the new blog posts that you'll have time to do ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. Yes looks like I'll be busier than when I was working!! but a good busy :)
      I'll be getting some posts sorted in late summer, need to make some space first.. again :) xx

      Delete