Saturday 1 August 2020

A LONG JOURNEY

Back in March or April I finished a small layaway and instead of the doll being sent direct to me, it went to a friend.
I asked her to hang onto the doll for a while as I was just finishing a second layaway and was worried that may also arrive at hers.
But it didn't it came straight to me but I forgot to tell my friend to send the other doll on! So she landed up not being posted until 20th June , then it seemed she travelled down the road a small way and then just came to a halt according to the tracking! And that's where she stayed whenever I checked on her, she was still waiting patiently.
Then this morning she arrived!!

She is an older Kathe Kruse girl and this is her arrival photo.

 Such an interesting face not the standard style. Well her clothes were washed and hung out to dry. I always like to redress dolls and wash the clothes they arrive in ,if possible when they first arrive, even if they then go back into their orginial clothes. But this young lady was able to fit into some Sasha clothes.



and here she is in a change of clothes.


Looking much happier ...... okay less serious :)


Well it's the 1st of August! the sun is shining and the day is warm and a doll's arrived, perfect!


***********************************************************

6 comments:

  1. That face is just precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it is , isn't it! Thats what drew me to her :)

      Delete
  2. She's gorgeous! Does she have any stamps on her feet, like, maybe a triangle? Because that would make her a VEB doll. Some of them had very unusual and expressive faces.
    Her new dress suits her! I don't believe she'll want her old one back too soon.... Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No stamps but I've been informed she's from the mid 50's and a VEB from Kosen.
      I will save her old ones safely put away and let her enjoy some new clothes for now. I think she likes what she's wearing ;)

      Delete
  3. She's lovely Dee, such a sweet little face...she has quite a determined look actually. I don't think she'll be giving that nice outfit back to the Sashas any time soon!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Determined .. or bossy ? lol No I think she's taken ownership of it, so who am I to argue with such a determined young lady ;)

      Delete