Friday 8 July 2011

THE SEARCH FOR GEORGE.......

Now when I came into the Sasha family, i was only interested in the Sasha's and Gregors, not the babies but one day i was looking at Shelly's site when I saw a Redheaded baby . I looked at 'Him' and thought he looked very nice, he looked as new, but I admired and carried on. Well i looked again a few days later and again after that. Maybe I should have at least one baby i decided and returned to Shelly's site ready to send the email....he was sale pending!!!!!!!! Of course as soon as that happened i wanted him even more and was kicking myself for taking too long to decide. So i set out to find a redheaded baby, I only wanted one and I wanted the redhead,he even had a name waiting ...George

I found a few on ebay in America but was out bid each time due to time difference! then i was looking at ebay in uk and saw a  blonde baby and yes you have guessed, I purchased the blonde who i have called Rosie. Well I was still looking for George but not having much luck ,there were a few on US site but only available to US buyers...

Then one evening I was at the computer, James Taylor and Carol King were in concert on the TV, when I came across a baby Mathew in the last stages of bidding....James Taylor began to sing the song he had written on the way across America to see his brother's new born son James. I bid on Mathew and won him, so he became Sweet Baby James after the song. So now I had a blonde and a Brunette but no George!!!





Finally I found a redhead baby on US ebay that finished late but not too late that i could not stay up to bid, it was a close thing but YES i won George, he was coming home to UK, finally i had my George, so I now had a blonde, a brunette and a redhead, when i had only wanted just the one.....






Now just the other month I saw a BIN baby who was bald..well spikey short blonde hair , in need of a wig with a damaged thumb, he was so cheap i could not resist, but I was going to put a wig on him, dress him and sell him on, so no name...sasha's with names tend to stay.....

He sat on the side by the sofa for a few weeks naked and tufty until I finally gave him a wash and went hunting for a wig for him, which i could not find, so back beside sofa he went this time with some clothes on.

Now the slippery slope came when my husband looked over at him and said 'with that hair cut you should call him  Ron after your dad ' and he did have a look of my dad who always had a crop hair cut..'No'I replied 'he is not staying so no names' However the dye had been cast and I began to think of him as Ron, then i found the Wig I had bought ages ago and spent ages getting it to sit on his head ! so now he was sitting beside the sofa in a red wig with a t shirt and bib set on, when my Daughter looked over and said ' He looks like Elton John in that song with Kiki Dee..you should call him Elton Ron'..........




 
And so Elton Ron is now part of the family and there is a baby on shelly site that i am admiring.....how does this happen i was only looking for George...................


All four babies, Elton Ron, Sweet Baby James, Rosie and George...

2 comments:

  1. Cuties! Funny how from just wanting one, it grows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the name Elton Ron for the baby you bought from me on ebay...brillant!!
    Now all you need is a little black baby....:)

    ReplyDelete