Sunday 24 July 2011

SHABBY CHIC?

A couple of months ago I bought a ' prop' for my Sasha's and Gregor's from ebay , it was in the shabby chic shelving section and when it arrived it was more Shabby than Chic, so it was left sitting about until now. |I am happy with the size, I have put picture below without and also with two of the boys standing beside it, but it needs to be rubbed down and painted in a nicer colour and better paint job and there is a little bit of filler needed for the top.



I think it is  a good size for all their books and bits and pieces. I am hoping to have some shelving built to look like room settings. But for this I need  by DH assistance, now when a prop arrives, he says 'What another one?', so I will need to word my request in the correct manner, so I receive the correct response and not the ' you are making them some shelve rooms'
 I'm sure that if I were to start trying to fit lenghts of wood together, after watching me for a while he would just have to show me how it's done!!! So maybe I should try that track?

Anyway however it happens, I am looking to have a family room which will have the above shelving unit, a sofa that I bought from a second hand market and a small coffee style table which is a music box that I bought from ebay. A bedroom,  I already have a bed that needs a mattress and bedding and a Kitchen/ dayroom for which I already have a dresser and wooden settle style chair. I  also have   lots of china and odds and ends, that are Sasha/gregor sized.

I would like to display my sasha's across these room's instead of them standing about in a cupboard that I have taken the doors off. I will still have some standing in other rooms of the house but this would help to keep them clean and tidy. I suppose it's really an extra large dolls house!!

I'm also sure most people who are Sashaphiles have so many clothes for their Sasha's and Gregors, that it's hard to keep track of what you have got and where it is!  I spent ages once looking for an outfit I had bought only to give up and put something else on my Sasha and suddenly found it the other day by chance! They could do with a walk in wardrobe where there is a place for everything and you can find what you are looking for instantly, but I draw the line at my Sasha's having such luxury when they already have more new clothes than I do !!!

I hope to put the pictures of the above unit finished next week and that will get me one step closer to the 'House'.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with 'the house'...don't know about you but I spend more money on their clothes than I do mine...come to think of it time I have bought yet another Sasha I haven't got any money left to buy me any clothes :)
    Sound familar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very nice shelf unit. I like the two drawers at the bottom. What size are you making your rooms? I love collecting furniture and accessories for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not completely decided the room size but about 23 inches high by about 36 wide and maybe 16/18 inches deep. So three rooms one on top of the other. It is great fun finding things that are 'Sasha' sized !! and sometimes getting it wrong!!

    ReplyDelete