Tuesday 13 October 2015

HILDEGARDE GETS A NEW DRESS

Hildegarde was very happy today to finally receive a new dress. You may remember that Hildegarde who is a Pongratz girl had arrived and then been neglected until I almost sold her on ebay in one of my clear outs!

Seeing her close up and finally taking notice , I decide I could not part with her and set about giving her the clean up she should have had when she first arrived.


This is what she looked like to start with before her clean up


everything dirty and dusty including her hair.


Then her clothes and her face etc were given a wash and she looked much better.


 Then finally her hair was washed!

So now up to date! She's received her dress which was made by Regina in Switzerland , I had requested a blue to bring out the colour of her eyes.


and here it is. It's a tiny bit shorter than her original dress but I think she likes it!


She looks much warmer in this colour.

But now her shoes look scruffy


So now she needs a new pair to go with her dress but what to chose !


We went hunting for some blue shoes and turned up to styles although one is in Lilac.


 The lilac are same style as her suede shoes the pale blue different.


Here she is in the pale blue, I am sure I had a dark pair in this make and style? I may have to hunt them out!


Now the lilac, if I went for this style I would ask Ruth Hartley to make me a pair in as close a blue to her dress as she could get.


Style wise a good match. Then I turned my back for a moment and Hildegarde decided to try on these !


 A pair of blue Lisa Hartley boots! she likes that they are long enough to keep her legs warm now her dress is a little shorter !


She also thinks she look a little more up to date in the boots!


So for now I have let her keep the boots on, until I decide if I need to get a new pair from Ruth and whether I should try her in some tights!!

Opinion's re her footwear most welcome, new original style from Ruth in blue, the pale blue or a pair of boots as shown and should she wear some tights , if she gets some shoes?



*********************************************************************************

10 comments:

  1. Love the boots, but new shoes matching or slightly darker than her dress would also be lovely. She is a gorgeous doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the boots do look good but she'll need some shoes too! So matching or slightly darker sounds good.
      She is looking lovely now she's clean! :)

      Delete
  2. Well, a girl needs at least two pair, so she could have boots for winter and shoes for summer - but a pair of Lisa's pixie boots might be nice for spring and autumn......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni! I think a pair of boots and a pair of shoes is more than enough , since she's only got the one dress( her other dress i'll put away ) and she can fit in the Sasha shoes, so she could always borrow some.
      Maybe I'll make her an outfit next year, so she can have something to wear for the summer! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh! Definitely the boots for this time of the year and they certainly go well with the shorter dress length. I'd probably put a very thin pair of those tube white three-quarter socks to prevent any colour dye from the boots transferring onto her legs or feet.
    If she can wear your Sasha sized shoes then after the CnS you and she can spend some time having a good look and trying-on session to see which coloured Mary-Janes look the best to wear in the Spring and Summer.

    Her new dress enhances her lovely blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to sort out something to protect her legs from any colour transfer.She's definitely going to have to wait until after Chat n Snap before we can spend time finding her some shoes or maybe ordering her a pair! I may even have a go at making them myself!

      Delete
  4. I don't blame her for choosing the boots having heard that it's turned really cold over there in the last few days.....but for shoes, I think some styled like her original ones but in a deeper blue would be lovely on her! The dress really looks nice and does indeed bring out the colour of her eyes.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cold now,we are still having some bright days but the mornings and evenings are cold.
      I was thinking the original style but to match dress, which seems to be the most popular, so once CnS over I'll have to either make some or source some. see you very soon :)xx

      Delete