Sunday 29 April 2018

WINTER RETURNS!!

Well it would appear that winter is not done with us yet! After that one weekend of almost two days of dry and sunny weather we are now back to rain and bitter cold!!

Since we are knocking on the door of MAY! It's very hard to take! We were/ are hoping to get the small extra base of concrete laid this weekend... today Sunday is supposed to be the better drier day! But sitting here at just after 9 am ,wrapped in a blanket ,it seems like a distant dream!



9.15 am , cold and damp!


Bags of Ballast , waiting to be made into concrete!

Well it's now nearly 1.15 pm and it's drier but still freezing, so we'll be trying to get the base down this afternoon.

I took a very quick trip outside to take a couple of photos of Christy in her new Petrana dress.


I felt really bad because it is so cold and she's not got anything warm on!"


Looks she's hunching her shoulders against the chill! Poor girl!


Oh for some warm weather!

So Paul's about to mix up the concrete while I rearrange my existing Sasha studio to take more boxes.
For the next couple of weeks all my Sasha and doll stuff needs to get stacked away until the cabin's up and ready to be used.
I'm due to go off to the SCW and my daughter's having a few friends over, so my things need a place to wait while everything is going on.

We did manage to get in a trip to the recycling centre with all the old wood and shrub cuttings on Friday, so at least that mess is gone.

There are plants to go in, edging to be replaced, a folly to finish, paving to lay and a log cabin to build ! So I think the stories rattling round my head will have to wait until the log cabins up and I can bring a few things back inside. Mind you that's not to say there won't be any stories because if the weather improves and I can use the garden , I'm sure there are Sashas and Gregors here who'll be helping out with everything!

So I'm off to start moving things around to make some space to then fill up!  I'll be back in the  week if only with a few photos plus remember it's almost May, so doll shelf photos for the fifth would be lovely.

Have a great week, I wish you all warm and dry weather and some for us too!

Dee

NB    16.46 pm

Paul's meets the challenge and triumphs !


11 comments:

  1. Well done Paul! A great achievement in spite of YOUR inclement weather. WE, of course, had NO rain and plenty of sunshine but it was decidedly cooler due to the wind.
    That's the weorst of it trying to find spare spaces to store the STUFF until the project is finished and it can be re-housed. I think is mainly what prevents me from even thinking of doing things like this. I'm even aggravated seeing those eight Sasha plastic shoe boxes that are still out on top of the spare bed awaiting for me to find the energy, and inclination, to put them back into the underbed storage drawers.
    My mind is still thinking...WAS it ALL worth that effort in the first place???

    Christy is looking lovely (although very naughty stealing that dress and shoes from Magda!) and obviously ready to go to the SCW and Casper is growing into a fine Golden Retriever...which will be a help to Paul in his future projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies for the spelling of 'worst' above.

      Delete
    2. It was Kendal, the poor man was frozen by the end.But it's done and now just needs to dry out.
      It is the worst of it! all the boxes etc needing a place to stay until things are ready. I've now stacked them high but this means I'll be unable to get to anything until the new spce is ready for things to be moved.
      I find it makes me think about selling loads !
      Your shoe blog post was wonderful , so for your public, it was well worth your effort! I'm sure you'll find a little energy to put them back tomorrow.
      Christy does suit the dress but it's not the same one as Magda's although she did borrow Magda's shoes until I can get out the others.
      Casper is indeed growing into a lovely lad, he'll be four months old on doll shelf day! So still got some growing to do :)

      Delete
  2. It's always irritating when the weather backslides like that. We had glorious weather this weekend, but my suspicious nature makes it hard for me to believe it way remain, especially considering the terrible spring we've have had til now. Christy looks beautiful in that dress, but she does look as though she's wondering if she really gets paid enough for these outdoor modeling gigs. Casper has a real "lord of the manor" look as he surveys his domain!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and I'm like you , they are promising good weather for this weekend which is a bank holiday, so three days.... I'll not believe it until the days arrive and I see for myself!
      It does suit her , that dress. Luckily my Sasha kids are still quite innocent in the ways for work and money....but I don't know how long it will last..
      Casper definitely wants to be top dog! lol

      Delete
  3. Well done Paul, all his efforts are paying off. Is Christy a new doll Dee or have you had her for a while? Casper is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The are Theresa. Christy been her about a year I think.
      I have to agree , he's a darling! :)

      Delete
  4. Way to go Paul! He is a can-do guy most definitely! Casper is really growing and I bet his curiosity is too. A beautiful boy. Christy is gorgeous in the Petrana dress plus being a brave soul to model a sleeveless dress while Mom is under a blanket. Will send a shelf photo ASAP and hope not to miss another month. 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is , thank goodness :) Casper sticks his nose in everything ! But he's such a sweetheart :)
      Christy is the a true model, works in all weathers! Petrana's dress really suits her.
      Thanks for the shelf photos :) xxx

      Delete
  5. OH my goodness, it's the same here Dee, I thought spring was finally on it's way only for today to be really chilly and rainy again. I don't know what's happening with the weather, it seems that everywhere there are problems with it!
    Well I hope you managed to get some work done after this, and well done to Paul for soldiering on and getting the base sorted out.
    Christy looks lovely in her dress despite the cold, but poor girl, no wonder she was hunching her shoulders up!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awful isn't it! I'm so fed up with it! Mind you I'll probably moan it's too hot when it finally goes that way! :)
      Paul's a saint for going out in the freezing cold to get the base down.
      Chrsity's another saint ! I'd have not gone out there with out a coat! xx

      Delete