Tuesday 17 January 2023

CLAIMING THE WOOD!

 Well no one no where seems to know anything about our Georgian dolls house and how it's front should look! 


So we have decided to claim it! No longer is it a Sid Cooke dolls house, It's now an Owen dolls house, well I say Owen, but should I say Paul Owen D H this is because he said you can have it any way you want ! then argued about removing a very small lip at the top of the centre front!

I said no it's meant to be there , he said well it's getting in the way so it's going! And it went! Honest a control freak or what! But since I am planning on maybe getting a mansard roof, where there was only meant to be a low level loft I will save my ammo for the right battles!


A mansard roof.

The problem is now I have been searching for a photo of the dolls house, I have been seeing lots of wonderful dolls houses!

So I'm now thinking 


to the manor born

While Paul's thinking


Manor High Street! ;)

So how far have we got since yesterday? Well lots of talking and discussion, placing of items on the front, removing said items. Searching for suitable wood for section that seems to be missing. Clamping the side to pull it back into shape amongst other things!


I did get Paul to fit the front, so that tomorrow we can go to the store and get a piece of wood to fit across the front at the top which the doors go up to and also get a nice decorative piece for that area.

Then the doors can comeback off and start being fitting with all the windows and stone edges etc.We also need to resolve the bottom area, so the columns and front door have a front step. Mmm maybe a basement would look good.... I may have to just throw that one into the mix... wish me luck!! lol 



2 comments:

  1. Well I say "go big or go home"! Yes to the Mansard, because we all know that even doll house families accumulate a lot of things and can use the extra room. Have you ever looked at this miniature site? - https://www.suecookminiatures.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A man after my own heart! Yes we will go big! I just checked out that miniature site... I may need another bigger house after this one as so many tempting things!

      Delete