Tuesday 21 March 2023

SPRING IS IN THE AIR

 And rattling round the house! Yes, it's all change ! The moving has started and who knows where or when it will end? Not me and I'm the one in charge!

Over the weekend a spring plan finally dug deep and a plan was made and put into action! I showed a photo of how I started on Sunday.

The sofa was moved, the other sofa went back outside to await the warmer weather, and the large display cabinet came inside.


This cabinet comes with three glass shelves which are movable and two solid wooden ones that are not. I was in luck that the dresser would fit just perfectly between the two solid shelves in the centre.


I was able to use one of the glass shelves in the top half, allowing enough space to place all the Sasha's and Gregor's on the top shelf. This will mean I will probably have to get the small two step ladder out if I need to search for a doll.


It's nice that the dresser is now on the middle shelf which allows it to be seen and also will work well for photos.


The poor AGFAT dolls finally escaped from the hamper that have been stored in for at least the last five or so months through the winter. I did plan on putting them into the studio but once I'd left them on this shelf for a while I liked being able to see them, so they are staying inside now.

Because this big cabinet came in, the small Victorian glass fronted bookcase I bought and the Sashas and Gregors were in, while waiting for it to be moved up into the bedroom. No longer needs to go upstairs and as now been moved into the studio, to take any overflow. That's where I thought I would put the agfat dolls but now they are staying in the big cabinet.


There is still some space on the bottom shelf! But these are the dolls that could land up on the adoption list or into the studio if I need the space for other dolls.


I'll be moving some of these dolls onto the other shelves tomorrow and just keeping those in regency dress and the roche dolls on this shelf.


Most of the Sashas and Grgeors are in place but Elizabeth needs her legs restrung, so is sitting and a couple are out so they can be used.


The small shelf is still to be sorted as I'm waiting on some dolls stands for the roche dolls and the pongratz.


So still a work in progress, the small bookcase is still to move and dolls to be adjusted but I am so enjoying seeing all the dolls when I pass by this cabinet which is often in the course of the day.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been a busy little bee Dee. The cabinet is pretty full, but the glass doors look designed to give you the best view of them all. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes for a change lol. It's lovely to be able to see them.

      Delete
  2. You've got an amazing collection of miniature china. I love how everything is displayed. Good to see that Granny Fortuna made it through the winter!

    ReplyDelete