Sunday 30 July 2023

A SAD SUNDAY CATCH UP

 


Well it was a sad week here. Something we knew was likely to happen did. Paul's dad passed away after a fall at his care home. He had not broken anything an although in some pain started to recover only to suddenly take a turn down hill.

He reached the grand old age of 101 nine months and 27 days. If you asked him his age in the last few moths he'd say 102 ! He was in an excellent care home and had been quietly enjoying himself but he had been ready to go for a few years, So we are sad for our loss but happy he is at rest.

Luckily Paul had finished his jury service on Monday and been released from attending any more, so he was able to go to his dad when he had his fall and then be at the hospital to sit with at the end.

I'd not been feeling too good myself this week and so had been staying pretty close to home, trying to fight what ever it was off. Still struggling with it but slowly improving.

Paul had been working in the garden during the week, making a new 'gate' for the folly to stop the dogs being able to just wander in .


I'm really happy how it looks with the folly, in keeping I think.


On the doll front before all the above, I was told by a good friend that she may have a Sasha I'd be interested in. Now you know I was saying that next year I'd be looking at adding a few Sasha's back into the village but if the right doll came along I'd have to maybe snap it up! Well this was that doll ! Alas it's meant I had to sell some things that would hopefully go quickly in order to buy her. But she is worth it.

Which brings me to why Prince Gregor is heading this post, he volunteered to be put up for adoption ! Yes he did! He said he'd be very sad to leave ,to me, but told his siblings, it really wasn't posh enough here for him and he never got to wear his uniform to show his status! But I know he only told them that so they'd not miss him, as I saw a small tear drop as he climbed into his tatty old box for his journey.

It's also meant a couple of my treasured vintage Sasha and Rosie blooms have had to be sold, to help with adoption fees. I'm just over half way to my target, so check the sales page, you may find a treasure or two up for grabs in the next few days.

I did sell Prince Gregor and he is already happily with his new family, I also sold another couple of the treasures.

According to the weather forecasters we are about to have round ten days of rain and it's ready started as I sit here typing.

The US Sasha festival was over the last four days and looks like everyone had a great time and have been sharing their photos.

Well since it's raining I'm off to watch the film Emma while doing some knitting, so I will wish you all a happy healthy week ahead

Dee




4 comments:

  1. Sending shed load of love to you all at this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to read about Paul's dad, but he had a great innings.
    Sending big hugs,
    X
    P.S. The folly looks great BTW.

    ReplyDelete