Sunday 16 July 2023

SUNDAY IS FOR SNOOZING

 Or not! 



Saturday was a blustery day, which I loved. I've always loved windy days especially during the summer, they are so exhilarating. It's still a little windy today but no big gusts of wind like yesterday.

The weeks consisted of working on tidying the garden, making design decisions because like everything, you do one thing that then leads to another thing needing doing. In this case a board in the fence had rotted, so was replaced and the decision made to reduce the border on that side and pave more of that area and use it for the big pots of Hosta's we have elsewhere, allowing that area to have a change.. see never ending really! lol

All work will stop for next couple of weeks while Paul does jury service! It appears you can be called to service up until your 75. I was called on years ago when the girls were at primary school but had just had a severe virus that had attacked my back, making it hard for me to move around with out it spasming and neither could I lay down, spent days sleeping upright on the sofa! But it meant the doctor said I could not do it because the virus could take two years to clear! I have to say I did have the odd spasm in the following year if I caught a cold but nothing as bad as when it attacked my back.

So I'm hoping I won't get called now they have found us!! 


On the  Hattie Hat front, it's been a very productive week, the two balls of green arrived to add another splash to the range. By Thursday morning I had made 73 and sold 6 of them. I'm thinking with the amount of yarn still left I could actually make it to 100 !!!!



Two of this bundle are missing, Libby is wearing one because it goes beautifully with her dress and she's this Sunday's header, and the other I gave away.

 It's Friday night and I'm up to 85! Sunday morning and the totals 90 ! So it could be 100 by tomorrow morning, if I start a few during the day

maybe.. 

They are already up for sale on the sales page if you fancy a look.

On the doll front nothing's left but I did win a Sasha today.... I know I'm supposed to be cutting back, but not on the Sasha's as such. Plus I redressed almost all the girls yesterday and realised I don't actually have that many left! So naturally I went onto ebay and bid on a lovely girl I'd been watching.

I also admired the three brunette side parts who are up for sale , especially the 68 girl. Alas no funds for me to bring her home but she is a gem.

I do miss Shelly's Sasha site for the eye candy and the layaway.


I'll finish with this photo of Libby wearing a smocked dress by Special Delivery of the US, who alas is another who as now retired from making her wonderful dresses. I actually sold this dress a few years back and then rebought it when it reappeared on ebay last year. Seems I'm revisiting my early Sasha life and gathering things back to me!

Have a lovely healthy fun filled week ahead.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment