Wednesday 19 July 2023

HATTIE HAT QUEST COMPLETED...

 




So !                                                                                                                 



remember the box of cottons, left sitting in a box for the last few year? And that I decided to finally make up some Hattie hats with it?

So when I went through the cotton, I found I had lots of pink for some strange reason and six balls of  the same shade and two different in organic cotton ! This I put on ebay and sold, which reduced the pile slightly.


These balls I have removed from the box and will use for something different. So I have finished ALL the Patons cotton dk plus the extra two balls of green I just had to add ! But then I had just enough of a ball of white to make one hat and the top of another, I remembered that there was also a different cotton yarn part ball hidden  by some hats I'd made, so I used that to finish the part white hat but then I had a bit of the green left! So I had to look again at what was left and use another couple of odds.


So above is all that's left of what was in the cotton yarn box! I'm going to keep the purple ball and the brown one at the top and maybe sell the other balls on. 


So the last hats and the tiny bits of yarn left that I cannot really use without then having to start on one of the last few full balls.

    

                                         110  HATTIE HATS COMPLETED!!


Yes that's right one hundred and ten hats! All apart from two, have the double edge to make the curl back brim.


h


h


Hattie got out her 'Ken the man Hattie hat stand ' in order to show off a few of the last ones made.

Hattie sends love to Ken, who made her hat stand for her many years ago, when she first started her Hattie Hat's business, and his lovely wife Doreen who encouraged him to do so.



So now I have a box of hats instead of cotton and I'm loving the change.




They are in groups in the bags with a note in each, to help me find them easily. I've kept two and sold eighteen, so just another ninety to go...

Well I finished them yesterday and so did not have anything to make while watching the tv last night, so today I sorted through my knitting bag and found some chunky yarn I was crocheting into a blanket, so I carried on using the oddments of yarn I'd left with it.


Once I had used it up I went in search of some chunky yarn, I knew I had received as part of a mixed box of yarn, the ball you can see in the above photo but what happens when I go and look in my yarn boxes......




Yes , did you guess?, a whole bundle of bright cotton! However I'm still saying I completed my quest as these were not in the box with the rest.

Now It's a case of what will I do with them.......



4 comments:

  1. Phew! If I ever learn to crochet, I will probably complete 1 granny square or 0.5 of a hat in the time it has taken you to finish 110 hats.
    I love that Rainbow collection of cotton. How about crocheting or knitting some tiny granny square blankets in Sasha size to sell at the Snippy Chip ? Bertie would love to buy one. Or you could make a wonderful, stripey card for Clara. The shades look gorgeous together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy making them and the colours look great, but I don't know what I will do with the extra bright cottons I've found. It may be too big for tiny squares but I'll see when I come to use it.

      Delete
  2. 110 Wow! Dee you certainly have been a busy bee! The hats look lovely and I wish you well with your sales. I love the "new" batch of cotton you found, the colours are lovely just like a rainbow. Looks like you have enough there to keep you busy for quite some time.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, even I was amazed how quick I reached that number! I remember buying the 'found' cotton because the colours were so lovely and bright. I don't think it will be come hats, Hattie's got more than enough to keep her busy! Hugs x

      Delete