Sunday 3 December 2023

A CHILLY SUNDAY IN DECEMBER

 


Well does anyone else have Christmas tunes rattling through their brains now it's December? At present, Joy to the world, is the one rattling in mine! Since I don't remember all the words there is a lot of tum tum de dum going on too. The weather's been suitably wintery but here in the south east not any of the white stuff but further up in the midlands and the north they've had a fair covering.

It's now time for writing out the Christmas cards and looking for presents for friends and family, unless you are one of those super organised people who had it all done and dusted by mid November?  Once upon a time, I'd post all my cards on December first, now I'm lucky if I've posted any days before the 25th! Do people reverse as they age? if you were always last minute do you become an early bird or like me an early bird who is now barely making it in time and getting late as well!

I had intended to get photos started for my Christmas tale all taken and ready to post back in November then the weather turned and so did I, back inside to await some increase in the temperature! Well it is warming up but accompanied by rain! But it will happen, even if it's a skin of the teeth job.

I've been tidying up the doll shelves, since I had sold enough dolls to clear half the top shelf, I decided to box these left to sell and use the space for some of my bears who had spent the last 18 months or so living in a large cardboard box. Empty shelf, wipe over , refill, done... no empty shelf, wipe over, release you can put back another shelf that had been removed to allow the taller dolls to stand, only to see that the spare shelf had been put on the bottom cupboard shelf which was full front front to back with Sashas and Gregors ! So it meant removing all of them, lots of chatter about what's going on, can I go to the front now etc. Naturally it was awkward then to get the glass shelf out but finally extra shelf in, some photos taken of some redressed Sashas and everyone back in place.

Which is why we have Magda and Claudia headlining todays post.



It was only when I had to remove them all, that I realised I'd not taken their photos. Wearing a couple of nice richly coloured A Passion for Sasha dresses in needlecord, it also reminded me I had intended to buy more for the girls to wear. So that's something for the new year. 

So I emptied the box of bears only to find I had more than could fit on the two shelves! this is a problem that occurs all the time , when you are a collector.

The shelves before I remember there were still bears up in the box!


A closer view of some of the Pandas.


A bag o bears awaiting a space on the shelf!


Some of my more recent bears, from a group called Sleepover they are wearing onesies which can be removed, at the back a lion called Nod and a Tiger called Snooze, at the front a Christmas pudding called Figgy, a Mouse called Onesie, a cat called CatNap and a Hedgehog called Sweet Dreams.

So the shelves will be getting more crowded but at least they are no longer hidden away in a box!  There are another fifteen or so big old vintage bears upstairs sitting on my dressing table, including Pebs who is one of the younger up there at around fifty years old.

Well now on the doll front, no ones left and no ones arrived, which is a win I suppose. Until I got the bears out there was some space but that's all vanished now. Although I have sold off a few smaller items, so that box is slowly emptying.

On that note I will wish you all a happy healthy safe week ahead and a reminder to send in those doll or teddy, if you'd prefer, photos for the fifth

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment