Sunday 28 January 2024

STARTING THE CHANGES



 Well the new years changes are happening ! The living room is looking a lot different than it was in December with it's addition of two new sofa's and a new rug!


The smaller of the two sofa's in the fabric I loved and would have also had on the slighter bigger sofa, if I could have, however due to the style of the other sofa's back cushions the check would not sit in such a way as to run true, so I had to pick a different fabric for the second.


This is my 'old' lady sofa ! lol Bought because it's much easier to get out of and supports your back. The colour, lavender, is a little paler than I expected but does match in with the checked sofa without having to go green.


With the new 'joseph and his amazing technicoloured dream coat ' rug! Which I love ! Not everyone reading this is going to be a fan of any of this which is fair enough, each to their own, but being a lover of colour this is right up my street and now on my floor!


We made a point of putting the blue/green end of the rug by the green/lavender sofa. Which put the pinks and purples down with the lavender sofa.


The colours in the floral curtains , look fine with the check sofa and balanced by the blue sideboard. I've ordered a new shade to replace the red one.


and here is the new shade in greens.


At present the teal footstall is now in front of the smaller sofa, because there is more space there and this photo is taken when curtains closed. I may change the curtains to a plain mid or dark purple but will wait and see. There are decorators who believe in multiple patterns working well together and I have seen rooms in  homes where this as worked well, they would usually have about three different sizes of cushions in three different patterns on the sofa, which can look good if you get the patterns right, But I decided not to worry about any cushions, on account of the dogs! Who believing that they need to run around with my cushions when they are excited ! and I have had to rescue them time and again from the garden etc !

Speaking of the dogs, they are loving the new rug! Probably because it's a deeper pile than the last one, so much more cosy for a snooze.

Now I thought I'd save Paul a job and sell my big kitchen table and eight chairs and buy a second hand old style oak extending table and four chairs. But I'd need a sixth chair, i had my desk chair I could use, if we extending the table for more visitors. Naturally being me, I went looking for suitable chairs having seen a lovely oak table with four matching chairs that I had my eye on and having listed my table and chairs on marketplace.

I saw the perfect old oak chair that just needed a new seat cushion and a little TLC in the clean and waxing of the wood, so I asked about delivery and made an offer. Which was accepted and the chair was on it's way. In between time, I'd shown the table to someone who was interested in buying, only while I was showing them I'm thinking, this is a good sturdy set which I still really like and maybe I  should just have Paul cut the table down and sell just two of the chairs! Yes you've guessed it! That's what we did, keep our table and cut it down.


So Paul took the table apart and we went from this to 


this. It does not look that different but he did cut fifteen inches off the top. But I wanted a table that all the chairs would fit under, I hate those six seaters that the end chairs cannot fit right in due to the side chairs. So a couple of hours dismantling , cutting, then re mantling the table and job done and with not expense... well apart from the extra chair I now don't really need....


But look ! It's a lovely old dinning chair and even has some William Morris Honeysuckle fabric on it! It will be going as the pattern is on sideways and well I cannot miss an opportunity to get just the right fabric in WM for the job, now can I ?  Especially since I have to remove it anyway , in order to repair and repad out the seat cushion.


Zac is todays headliner. Poor boy is still wearing his outfit from the chat n snap , when he was a South London lad who'd been evacuated. But in my defence it is a warm outfit with brushed cotton shirt and long cord shorts, it's only a little draughty round the tops of his socks!

On the doll front not much is happening, but then I have not really been sorting out that side of things. I did have an offer on a doll but had to decline as it was too low. However despite being on my best behaviour and busy with the house , I did manage to buy a Sasha ! and a couple of outfits!! 
Truly there is no hope for me...

So on that note I'll wish you all a happy healthy week ahead and will no doubt be back to share this unplanned purchase and the clothes.

Dee







2 comments:

  1. I love all of your color choices, especially the rug!

    ReplyDelete