Sunday 14 January 2024

SUNDAY SUNDAY

 


Hello, well it's a new year 2024 ! I can still remember all the fuss about it turning to the year 2000! Everybody was expecting tech to fail and all the businesses prepared for the fallout that never happened.. or maybe it was just eight years late?

I've been unwell on and off since the end of last year but am now ,hopefully, on the mend, fingers crossed! But it's not stopped me from getting a few things sorted since the start of the year. 


Before 2024 we did order a couple of sofas in the sales, above is the fabric choice of each one. Totally changed from original plan but luckily the living room is quite neutral and will only involve a couple of tweaks to smooth them into the scheme.

I don't know about others but almost as soon as the year changes, so I start thinking about what needs doing and this year is no different. Almost no different , because we are planning some big changes indoors, the photo below is how the breakfast/dinning area looked last year


but now it looks like this..



because it's all change! We have removed the larder cupboard, which I am pleased to say we have repositioned into the main kitchen area, however that's involved moving the fridge freezer to where the larder cupboard used to stand until the rest of the kitchen is replaced. It's meant my 'doll' area is no longer!! Shame but needs must. It's enabled us to turn the table and open up the space in front of the french doors. Naturally one of the three lights that were above the table is in the way for tall people, no me, but its been tied up after Paul smacked his head on it twice !

Paul's made every kitchen but one, in our 48 years of marriage, so I thought it was time he didn't have to make this new one, however alas he's not escaping completely as he will be fitting it! It's on order but there will be plenty to do before it arrives. One of which is take up the floor tiles! A nightmare of a job which we are hoping will be easier than expected! 

We have also had to move the small freezer, which was always meant to be hidden inside a cupboard along with the boiler! Now just the boiler needs hiding in the cupboard. As is usual when doing these things, you have to empty cupboards etc and realise just how much stuff you own and never use or don't really need! The local charity shops will soon be awash with lovely unused or nearly new items to fill their shelves and rails in the coming weeks!

There is a programme in the uk where a lady called Stacey Solomon comes along with her team and empties everything you own into a massive warehouse and then you have to decide what goes back home, what gets sold and what goes to charity. I sometimes think that would be so useful to have a team of people take all my stuff to a warehouse and then only be allowed to take so much of it back home! I'd need my eldest daughter with me as she's very good at getting rid of things and only keeping what's used and needed, but I could see us having a tug of war over things I think I need to keep!  If I tell you I have just counted 21 bags for life ( shopping bags you can use again and again ) but have another load in the cupboard you may understand the problem! I could probably reduce them down to say ten and give the rest to a charity shop to use or sell on, but I may need to lay down first ! lol

No I am much better at getting rid of things than I used to be ten years back, my problem is I still good at acquiring things!

So the next month or so is going to be very busy round here, so I may not be around much, but will keep you updated if you'd like.

Arabella is this posts headliner, she is wearing one of her favourite outfits , which she hides away when not in use , so none of the others can 'spoil' it !


There are plenty of rumblings coming from the doll cabinet, although a couple are out on the dresser, so they can report back each night on what's been happening in the house to their siblings. I'm sure some may want to help with the work ahead, we'll see.

So I will wish you all a happy new year and a happy healthy month ahead.

Dee

PS Mm seems I had already used the lovely Arabella's photos on the first but she is a girl worth a double take ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment