Tuesday 6 February 2024

BROWSING AND NOT DOLLS FOR A CHANGE

 Well the electrician has been here for two days now chopping holes in the kitchen walls for the cabling for the various appliances and plug points, so the place is full of dust! I'm also stuck and not able to get on with much, so decided I'd share some wallpaper samples etc with you all.

Firstly the new kitchen units are in the colour bone! So basically white. Now we all know I'm never going to have a totally white kitchen and the only reason I landed up getting bone was because the greens they had available were either every dark green or greens that looked more grey! 

So we will be putting in some dado height panelling on the pieces of wall that are not covered by the units and these will be painted green.


We are going with Farrow and Ball Breakfast Room Green. I was also looking for a lavender/purple in which to paint the bottom half of my stand alone larder cupboard. Did consider the one above but then decided on another F&B colour.


Brassica. I'm still to decide if we will just paint the bottom and leave the top cream or paint it all Brassica. I need to get a sample pot of the Brassica to be sure first.

Now, we are putting some panelling in the breakfast room side of the area which would also need painting and it turns out this green would also go well with the Morris and Co, Seaweed wallpaper in that room. The paint is darker than shown on the label and since there are a few different greens in the wallpaper it blends in well.

Which is helpful as we will only need to get one tin of paint to cover both jobs.

We are considering these wallpapers for the area of wall above the panelling in the kitchen.


or



But will not be able to make a discission until the kitchens in and walls are cleaned of dust.

That's not to say we won't find a totally different one in between time!

Now since I was getting wallpaper samples for the kitchen, I added a few extra for our bedroom. Not that it will be getting done any time soon but I am nothing if not forever hopeful !

First I will show you the wallpaper that's been sitting waiting in it's wrapping for the last seventeen/ eighteen year! That Paul's now say he really doesn't like any more ! I did mention that if he'd ever got round to putting it up, I'd have at least got my moneys worth out of it! Now however I'll have to sell it on at a big loss.


I still love this wallpaper but it has been a very long time and I'm willing to find another to take it's place.

 


one



two



and three.


Now can you work out which was Paul's favourite and which was mine? I'll tell you in a day or so.

Now it's getting late, so the electrician will soon be done and I can start the never ending job for trying to get rid of all the dust for the next couple of weeks no doubt!




4 comments:

  1. I have to say that I'm pretty terrible at picking out paint. It never looks the way I think it will. Love the William Morris wallpapers! They're kind of hard to get over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always very much trial and error with paint matching ! Paul once had to paint the curve between some lovely coving in our last house , an Edwardian semi, with four different greens' telling me the fourth of the last one he'd paint it :)
      That's a shame you cannot get the Morris &co wallpapers over your way. Always happy to send them on for you .

      Delete
  2. Hi Dee!
    Very pretty paint and William Morris wallpapers. My favourite of the wallpaper is the lilacs, reminds me so much of my grandmothers garden. Cannot read your small font at present, but I gather you are about to begin another reno.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, the wallpapers for the bedroom are just to see what's available that I'd like because it will probably be not until much later this year that we even start looking at what needs doing in the bedroom re decorating. But the lilac's is my favourite, so I have ordered a sample of their other colour way. hugs x

      Delete