Sunday 18 February 2024

SUNDAY SUMMERY



 So it's Sunday! Another week's vanished while Paul works on the kitchen but we are almost there with the new units going into place, the hob is up and running, the dishwasher is in and not up and running yet and the electrician will be back Tuesday to fit the ovens and finish all the electrics.

Which will then mean all the doors and drawers can be fitted and it will look like a kitchen and not a work in progress. There will still be more to do , so will be a while yet until it's all done.

Still the search continues for just the right Morris & Co wallpaper to lift the kitchen from the plain and bland to the next level. We are now looking at the third green colourway of Willow Brough and another pattern's arrived of Bird and Pomegranate with a dark blue background. I'm supposed to be looking for lighter brighter but there are just so many gorgeous wallpapers in the WM range, it makes it hard to find the one and settle on it!


Bird and Pomegranate


The third willow brough colourway in greens.


Marigold pattern in a lime green, colours are not showing true.


And it's also been hard to stick to the original idea of greens with a light background! Soon I'll have to bit the bullet and give up the search and go with the willow but not quite yet...

We did however find tucked away part of a roll of the seaweed Morris and Co wallpaper that's up in the breakfast/dinning area of the room, which means we have enough to paper the small section of wall where the larder cupboard used to be, which will save us buying a whole new roll just for one drop.

It will be great once the kitchen is in, as then we can remove all the old parts of the kitchen we put into the breakfast/dinning area to use while it was being done and put the table back, which will allow the sofa to go back where it was and I'll be able to get back into the doll cupboard and finally give the whole place a good clean. 


A couple of old photos today, due to not being able to get into doll cupboard! The lovely Chloe leading the way from back in the summer last year when she arrived and Zak on trend from the summer in green which seems to be my colour of choice at present.

On the doll front nothing's been happening due to the work on the kitchen, which is probably a good thing! At least no dolls are heading this way! 

I have to say after seeing all the lovely Gotz dolls on the facebook group, it's made me wish I'd kept quite a few of my gotz dolls but there you go, we live and learn ! 

So I will wish you a wonderful happy healthy week ahead and hope to maybe share a photo of a nearly finished kitchen next weekend.

Dee

NB


So we are trying to decide between these two, I'm leaning one way and Paul naturally is leaning the other , nightmare! Would be interesting to know which of the two others prefer?



6 comments:

  1. Tough choice :) I personally couldn't live with the Willow print as it is in Giles and Mary's sitting room on Gogglebox and irritates me every time I see it as it is so grimy and needs redoing :) Kitchen will look great whatever you choose so good luck and well done - look forward to the finished result!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Well it's willow all the way here! Paul's favourite, he wasn't as keen as me on the marigold, although I wished I'd stuck to me guns, but then it's his house too and he'll be putting it up. I'm looking forward to the end result too! ;)

      Delete
  2. They're both pretty, but I would go with the Marigold, just because I've loved that pattern forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted the marigold but Paul wasn't as taken with it, so I agreed to the willow then wished I'd stuck to my guns after I'd ordered it .But I love the willow too.

      Delete
    2. They're both nice, and in married life, sticking to your guns isn't always all it's cracked up to be, as I'm sure you well know ;-)

      Delete
    3. Lol, no it's not worth it, I like both so I'm happy in truth just looking forward to seeing it up on the walls!

      Delete