Tuesday 9 April 2024

AN UNEXPECTED ARRIVAL

 

Now I know I mentioned there could be a Gregor arriving , It was not this lad! The famous state of affairs that seems to happen with my doll buying, like buses several arrived on the scene at once!


I have one on the way, but he's travelling long distance, however his brother here, was just up country and since I'd been thinking twins would be nice and had been tempted by another, I decided to invite him to live here.

Now, don't tell him but I really wanted the very dark Caleb's and I'm so hoping that his brother is , even if he's turned out to be on the lighter scale himself.

When he arrived this morning Paul's words were " How longs he staying for, poor lad " because any of the other black Gregor's or Sasha's I have ever bought have moved on usually in a few months!! I mentioned he's waiting for his brother, so he should still be here in at least two weeks ;) 

Well I have to blame the FB Sasha group for setting off my search for a nice black Caleb, when they had a week long show and tell about all the Cora's, Caleb's and babies and wonderful photos started appearing. It reminded me that I wished I'd kept my first ever Caleb, who was lovely and black and small. But back then I worried about marking his pristine face with greasy fingers and he was hard to photograph from being so dark. So he was adopted and although others did arrive and then leave, he was the one I would really have loved to have back.



Then , there is Gill, sharing her not one !, not two ! but three Caleb's !!!, looking so smart and handsome. So naturally I was off looking but missed out on a couple in the UK a couple of weeks back.

Then who turns up on doll photo day but Sherlock Caleb Holmes hunting for Spring, which re lit the idea to go check for a nice dark Caleb. Off I go to check the sites , where  lo and behold there is not one Caleb on sale but a half dozen !!!

Next thing I know one is on his way to the UK ! And I'm still looking at a couple of the others.... but managed to resist.... until 


Obie ( Oberon ) appeared But hey ! at least it's not triplets....mm... 

So he awaits impatiently for his brother  Otto ( Othello ) to arrive. Let's hope he is a nice small very black lad or I may just have to have triplets.... 


 


2 comments:

  1. Love the new lad. Very handsome, and a great outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, he'll be a great addition to the family

      Delete