Sunday 14 April 2024

ANOTHER APRIL SUNDAY

 


Well another week's gone by and a very productive one at that. We had one of my favourite things delivered on Wednesday, I don't enjoy the cost of it but I love just how much a difference the home and garden can look after its been here a few days!

Bet you have no idea what arrived, so I'll tell you a lovely bright yellow 8 yard skip!! Yes that's what it was a big skip!! I can only live with loads of mess for so long and so finally I ordered a skip to be dropped off, so we could break down the old kitchen units and start clearing the carport and back garden patio where they'd been left since Paul removed them. We'd half filled it with a couple of hours, then Thursday was adding all the stuff that was hiding around the garden, broken pots, rotten wood, things no longer needed but no good to donate. Once everything heavy, awkward and no longer needed was in, Friday  we  added the massive pile we still had of cardboard, even though we'd been leaving large piles for the recycling collection every two weeks. 

They recycle everything from the skip that they can, so its not going to landfill. So now we can use the gazebo again and the garden corners ( Where Paul likes to leave things ) are all nice and empty .

The weather's been beautiful since Thursday, the sun shinning and the garden growing like it's going out of fashion! 

We have been playing musical pictures in the breakfast/day room.

This was the one we were going to put up here, The banishment of Cordelia from Shakespeare's play King Lear but our daughter Lindsey thinks it's a sad picture due to the subject, so we tried some others.


We tried this one from off the stairs.


Then this one that did not have a home yet.

or this one, my favourite but problem is where it hangs on the stairs it looks perfect! So which do you think we settled on? I'll share a photo next week when Paul's finally wallpapered that last bit of wall at the side.

x


Today's headliner are Beatty and Magda, in their summer dungaree shorts, hoping that summer will arrive soon just because we've had a couple of lovely warm days !! 

I'm sharing this wonderful photo from my Sasha Calendar, given to me by a lovely friend.


Look at that view and that handsome well dressed Gregor enjoying it.

On the doll front..

If you read yesterdays post you will know that the expected Caleb arrived from the US and it took barely a week!. Which means that two dolls arrived this week! Slippery slope or what!

Otto is same colour as Obie, so not as dark as I hoped but in truth much better if you want to photograph them and also makes him a true identical twin, well apart from one's got an English accent and the other American! More from them in the week.

Also a small pile of clothing arrived from Maudie May, which the two lads dived into first and are very happy.

One doll did sell in the week, which was just as well with these two arriving !

Well I'm off to find some clothes belonging to a doll I'm selling but naturally I but them in a safe place....

Have a lovely healthy happy week ahead with I hope some warm dry weather

Dee





2 comments:

  1. I like the one that didn't have a home yet Dee, but they all look lovely.

    Smashing photo of Beatty and Magda in their summery clothes!

    Gregor looks like he belongs in the Sound of Music, with that view behind him. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that one but thinks it looks a bit small on there... mind you that would mean I could buy another!! lol
      I was so pleased to finally manage to get a couple of Betsy May's short dungaree outfits.
      I did think I could hear Gregor singing to himself ;)
      Hugs x

      Delete