Monday 1 April 2024

APRIL 1ST

 


Well April has arrived ! Hopefully it will bring warmer drier weather although today is cloudy with a chance of rain, typical.

Saturday was a gloriously sunny day a sign of things to come in the coming months hopefully. I'll probably be moaning in a month that its too hot but hey! I'm British its what we do, complain about the weather ;)

Everything since the beginning of the year has been taken up by the house and garden, but Paul's now finished the kitchen completely... yes a first for us in years.. there is usually something that never gets done but not this time.  Because we moved the larder cupboard to the other side of the room, so we could put in the peninsular, the wall where it used to be now needs work to bring it match in with that side of the room.

He already has a head start on it because he put in the panelling when he did the panelling in the kitchen. So it's not masses to do. Once it's done we can just enjoy the results and rest up until later in the year.



Claudia and Pippa are today's headliners.  It was not until I took this photo that I realised Pippa was smaller than Claudia, which is lovely. I do like the smaller dolls and it's nice to have  a difference in height amongst them. 

I will be needing to have yet another change round with the doll cabinet as we need the space it's standing in, so another space needs finding. It's forever musical doll cabinets in this house! 

I have been tempted by a few Sasha's and Gregor's lately but have managed not to acquire any so far...

At least now it's starting to brighten up and most of the works been done, I'm starting to think about getting out into my doll studio and having a big clean out. Alas what I then need is a place to sell off all the things I no longer need in one fell swoop, rather than a piece here and there! 

On the grandchildren side I sent a big Nanny does as she pleases box to them, inside of which was a sit on tractor with trailer and a digger!


Adam is a big fan of these types of things, and although it's meant for both of them, he will hog it, so he is a very happy bunny this Easter. I did not forget Clara however knowing the tractor would be more Adam's thing, her present could not arrive until this Thursday/Friday.


But she's receiving a large tent that can be used inside or out and will fit up to three children. I don't usually spend large amounts or buy big presents for them but since their birthdays are November and February the colder winter months, and right on top of Christmas, they get all the new play things around the same time. I was going to wait until the summer to buy these for them but then figured the tractor would get more use now with a two week Easter break.  It's the first time I've sent them anything big and first time I've not checked with my daughter first and I won't be making a habit of it but hey Nanny does have to get some brownie points ... 

So we are off to visit them tomorrow and then it will be back to sorting out the last part of the house for now.

Since it's now April, It will soon be doll photo day , so please send in your photos. Have a great happy healthy month ahead.

Dee





No comments:

Post a Comment