Tuesday 24 September 2024

IT'S TUESDAY !

 


So last week was busy and also quite nice to start off with weatherwise.


There is still lots of colour in the flower garden, which is a bonus.

However the weather has turned to storms and heavy rain! Normally we will get passed by, with just the odd down pour now and then. But not this time, we had thunder rumbling around with flashes of lightening. Rufus being a gundog does not give a hoot if thunder claps and lightening flashes however Casper hates it! He can feel it coming and will start barking, in warning, once it arrives and wants to be as close to someone as possible and if that can be at your feet under a small side table with a cloth over to hide any flashing, all the better! 

Luckily the storms didn't rumble into the night although the rains did. Our local town had flooding in places that are usually fine.

 But since we are almost on the top of hill , we are fine. However the heavy rain did bring down a section of our side guttering.


This is our own fault, because we knew that gutter needed cleaning out, but we kept forgetting to do it! You can see from the roof that we get a lot of moss growing on the tiles, which can get swept into the gutters. We can use a ladder to clean all of them apart from the side one due to the carport roof being below and not sturdy enough to place any sort of ladder on. However now half is down, Paul was able to get up onto the extension roof today and using a drainage rod, push the rubbish out of the piece of side gutter that is still up, onto the carport roof. So at least when this next heavy rain storm they have said is coming on Thursday, that section of the gutter should now stay in place. 

Hopefully we won't have any more problems from these storms. 

No Tuesday my new doll display cupboard arrived and Paul put it together for me on Wednesday.



I needed it to fit this slim piece of wall by the window, so that the sun does not shine on the glass door. It was available in either white or green. I went with the green, hoping it would work with the wallpaper , which I am happy to say it does.



It can have lighting added inside but I'm not going to bother as I can see the dolls well enough. In the photo above the sun is shining in the back windows but the dolls are safe. I'm very happy with it, as now the sideboard in the living room is no longer full of Roche and Pongratz dolls and all the Sasha's that were standing on the dresser are now in this cupboard where I can see and use them. There are more Sasha's up in my bedroom.

Today's head liner is Saffy or Saffron to give her her full name. She is wearing one of my favourite outfits, Vintage Sasha dungaree's by Sarah W and Rosie Bloom shoes. I really should be changing them for the coming winter but I think for now I will just find her a cardigan. 

The boys are all still waiting to go camping but that may have to wait until next year unless we get some nice balmy days in October, which is possible! Although after this rain that we are expecting, they are saying some cold weathers following on! I may have to redress the girls if I can reach their clothes, at least I will have some time if it's going to be chucking it down Thursday!

So have a happy healthy doll filled week 

Dee



5 comments:

  1. Hi Sis! Hope you, dogs and dolls are all safe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are totally fine , thank you sims ;)

      Delete
  2. Glad everyone okay x I am admiring your cabinet - may I ask where did you buy it from- was it online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it online, it's from Arthauss Furniture, comes flat packed.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Sis! Tracked it down! I like the look of the one in white.....

    ReplyDelete