Sunday 23 September 2012

COLD WET DAYS...

Today is cold and wet, a day for staying in keeping warm and dry and doing other things. However in this house the heating decided to play up , so it is as cold inside as out !

 The room where most of them stand about chatting, gets very cold if the heating is not on , due to being on an external wall on corner of the house.You feel the temperature drop when you go in. So I have been bringing them all downstairs to the lounge/living room and also the breakfast area in the kitchen.


Now because I'm cold I decide that the Sasha's and Gregor's must also be cold! Especially those who have been up in the cold bedroom, so I have spend a few hours dressing them in nice warm clothes.



Here are the four boys who spent the night shivering in their dolly doodle shorts and T shirts !They have kept their DD, T shirts on but now have warm jeans and trousers and nice woollen sweater's (or in Tristan's case a fleece jacket) on to keep them warm. You can tell how cold it is by how warmly dressed they are!

Luckily we have a fire in the lounge and a portable heater but I figured it was better to bring them all into the warm that try to convince the DH that they needed a heater all to themselves!

There is still a week of September left! but it looks like the Autumn is going to be coming in cold. But for a Sashaphile that's OK! We can  get out or buy all the lovely warm cardigan's and sweaters , coats and hats, boots and jeggings out there to keep our clan's all snug and warm and looking good for the coming Winter .

I just hope when the boiler is fixed , they don't all start complaining that their too hot and it's only September!!





4 comments:

  1. You've put me to shame.
    I'm certainly not letting the Brood catch sight of this post as all mine are still in their Summer wear....though luckily our boiler is working so we do have the central heating on as I always feel the cold even in the middle of the Summer.
    I never know whether I prefer my dolls better in their cool Summer cottons or cosily dressed in coats, warm woolly sweaters, trousers, hoodies, joggers and boots but always enjoy the change-overs.
    The Sasha clothes boxes always look neater and not so bulging during the Winter months when the kids are displayed in their thicker, bulkier clothing and the thinner dresses, cropped leggings, shorts and T shirts are stored away, with room to spare, so as to hopefully not to get creased as I don't 'do' ironing.
    Do so hope that you get the boiler repaired very soon as it looks like we are in for a cold, wet week.
    The day here hasn't been so bad, dry and quite pleasant but the forcasted rain has just arrived up here in the last hour.
    Tristan's fleece tartan jacket looks particularly cosy. I love wearing fleece tops, so light weight and warm.
    Sasha love and thanks for this post waiting for me as I have just come in from putting all the electric fans away in the garage for another year. From Kendal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee...hate to have to break this to you...Sashas are made of vinyl....they DON'T feel the cold :)
    They do look very snug though!!
    Hope your heating gets fixed and it doesn't put a dent in your doll buying budget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang on! Where are your other babies? You had more than two didn't you?! Promise they haven't moved in with me...I like the babies but don't want too many :)

      Delete
    2. that's what the DH said " There just plastic!" I had to cover their ears!!!

      And the other babies are with the other Sasha's and Gregor's in the lounge where there is more space ( But not much) to stand or in the babies case to sit!

      Delete