Friday 11 October 2013

WHILE THE CATS AWAY .....

Tony and Zak play!!


"Good Morning Sir " says Toby " How may I help you?"
" Good Morning I would like some cereal please "


"Cereal!" exclaims Toby " Don't you want some Paint!"
" Why do I want paint? " asks Zak " I have not had my breakfast yet!"
"But this is a general store that sells Paint and nails and wood"


" But I want cereal " says Zak standing his ground " And the customer is always right!"
" Not in MY shop ! " says Toby getting annoyed
" Well I'm off to the kitchen then " says Zak " there will be cereal in there"
"WAIT !" calls Toby " I have just remembered we had a delivery yesterday!"


"Just bear with me SIR!" he says turning away and searching about " Are you sure you don't want some nails?"
" Yes"
" You want nails !"
"No I am sure I do NOT want nails " says Zak " NOT for my breakfast!"


"Here we are Zak fresh in from the continent just today!" says Toby in his best salesman voice
" What happened to calling me Sir ?" ask Zak
" Stop moaning " says Toby " or I wont sell you any cereal "


Toby carries on with his selling " You can see this is very healthy cereal with real froot !"
" That's not how you spell Fruit !" argues Zak "Froot Loops ! That's  nutty !"


" I can assure you there are no nuts in here only bolts!" says Toby laughing
" It doe not sound healthy to me " Zak continues to complain
" LOOK! " says Toby raising his voice " Do you want this cereal or not!"
"NOT" answers Zak also getting annoyed "What sort of shop keeper are you shouting at your customers!"

They are saved from a full blown argument by the arrival of Sophie.


"What's all the noise ?" exclaims Sophie " and what are you doing in the shops they are not finished yet Dad wont be happy you playing with them now"
" Dad smad !" says Toby rudely , then " would you like to buy some cereal ? " he asks hopefully
"No thank you "
Not willing to give up yet Toby reaches for another product!


"What about a nice tin of paint? It's even named after you Lady Grey!"
" My names not Lady Grey ! " says Sophie confused
" But you are a lady ! well girl " says Toby " But it's not called Girl Grey Its called LADY grey!"
" Your not a very polite shop keeper " says Sophie " you'll never sell anything with that attitude "
" I'll never sell anything with customers like you two" mutters Toby
but before Sophie can respond they hear the sound of the front door opening and Dad calling out to mum to put the kettle on !


The boys decide to make themselves scarce as Sophie looks on in amazement they rush off.


She looks through the shop window after Toby's vanishing body " Toby where are you going! I want to buy the paint!and fork handles!"
"I don't have any candles" shouts back the vanishing Toby
But she's too late , those boys know when not to be around!
Suddenly Sophie realises that she's been left with all the things the boys have been using in the unfinished shop!


When Dad comes back to carry on working on the shops , he finds the room empty and a tin of paint sitting on the shop window ledge.
" Mm I don't remember leaving that there!" ....

24 comments:

  1. Those boys remind me of another of their naughty pranks.....the Windmill.
    Haven't seen Toby in action for quite a while now. Was beginning to wonder if he was one of the lads that had been moved on!
    Loving the action and chatter/banter around the new shop/house front props. Such excitment and variety of situations that can be achieved using them.

    Pleased that Sophie managed too to disappear in time and wasn't told off by Mr Dad for those lad's actions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toby and Zak Will never be moved on, they are too sweet and naughty to live with anyone else :)
      I to am glad Sophie escaped getting in trouble for something she'd not done!

      Delete
  2. Hello Girls!
    Well Dee I LOVED this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It made me giggle so much!! Fruit Loops! and Fifty shades of Grey/ pale blue...Plus a bit of a two RONNIES sketch...what more can I want???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would like it :) glad you noticed the two RONNIES sketch which I added in at the very last minute ! :)

      Delete
  3. This is brilliant, as usual. And those FRUIT LOOPS look very familiar!!! Not my favourite of cereals I have to say, too many artificial colours for my delicate constitution (not that I've ever tried them), ......she says, with the constitution of an OX!!!
    And my favourite little boy, Zac, oooh he's soooo cute!
    These shop fronts are going to be a real hit at the Chat n Snap.....people will be lining up to buy goods and have their photos taken as they go about their 'mandados' as they're called here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't the constitution of an Ox , but I am definitely not a fan of Fruit Loops as you say they are too sweet and artificial! But I have to agree with you S...this post is brilliant..how does Dee do it???

      Delete
    2. They would look familiar Sharon :) I must agree about Fruit Loops , not something I would eat as do not like artifical much prefer straight what you see is what you get Cornflakes!!
      I cannot wait to get to play properly with these shop fronts before one gets raffled for Charity! So much to do and so little time..only TWO weeks now to chat n snap!!!!
      Glad you both liked the post :))

      Delete
    3. Me too, I like the straight forward cereals, the ones you know where you are with!!! Weetabix, Spoon size Shredded Wheat, Ready Brek and Cornflakes for me too.....though NOT all at once...I'm not THAT greedy!!! :)

      Delete
    4. Greedy? So you say S :) I can't eat shreddies to me it is like eating the box they come in... I love Rice Crispies....snap crackle pop :) And Frosties!!

      Delete
    5. Porridge oats, cornflakes with a topping of some health type cherries n berries, will even have that for my dinner! Cannot remember the last time I had rice crispies..mm may have to add then to the next shop ! :)

      Delete
  4. He he he - what fun, love it.
    Ronny's right it's so like a 2 Ronnies sketch!!
    But afraid I must be a bit of a Fruit Loop as I didn't get the 50 shades reference (I haven't read it!)
    What I did notice was that the base plate of the shop front is just the right size for the Sashas to stand on - amazing Mr Dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Rosie :)
      I have not read it either :)
      That Mr Dad is not just a pretty face .. :)

      Delete
    2. Rosie, don't waste your time reading Fifty shades of Grey' I read the trilogy just to see what the fuss was about, it is so badly written!! I don't think the forthcoming film will be much better either!!

      Delete
    3. I've not read the Shades of Grey books either, although I've got them on my Kindle. I heard they were badly written, so didn't bother with them. I've got the latest Bridget Jones on there today, so might start that over the weekend, if I can pull myself away from the rerooting....it's too darn addictive!!!

      Delete
    4. I love my kindle S!! Please tell me if the new Bridget book is worth reading as I love a bit of Bridge :)

      Delete
    5. KINDLE The spawn of the devil and Icy Queenies!!! Books should be held and loved not some metal screen!!! :)

      Delete
  5. I spent the afternoon editing academic papers for a journal. Just as I was packing up getting ready to come home, I took a sneak peak at your blog and laughed out loud - the perfect antidote to my rather serious afternoon - thank you for such a hilarious story. I can see we're going to have lots of fun with these shop fronts at the CnS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it lightened your day :) I really should not be 'playing' with them yet but cannot resist !
      I hope people will enjoy taking photo's and making up positions for their Sasha's with these at the CnS and someone could win one of them :)

      Delete
  6. Leider bin ich ja nicht eingeladen - aber ich wurde auch der Königin nie vorgestellt *g
    Precious, Dee. In the end, we want a book with Sasha-Stories!
    Perhaps an international produktion? And only printed, naturally. For I love books with noises and smells and want to be able to collect them in my bookshelf :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne the queen does not come :) and anyone could have when it was advertised in january and feb. You must wait until next year when maybe I will hold another if people want!

      It would be great to do a book, I must try to sort something out, so that people can have it on their bookshelf if they want but not sure about the noises and the smells :)

      Delete
  7. Dee, I would love to have kept to real books but in our town it is actually impossible to buy anything in English, and then on the coast, even secondhand books are expensive. At the rate I read, well I'd be more broke than I am through buying dolly things!! And so Kindle, for me, is a Godsend! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you off as It would be expensive to buy imported books :) and you must have Dolly money!!! :)

      Delete