Monday 28 March 2016

CATCH UP MONDAY !

I know it should be catch up Sunday but since yesterday was Easter I delayed. Well Spring's arrived and with it my desire to make some space... always a dangerous time for my dolls and their possessions!

My problem is I can be a bit of an impulse buyer and before I know it I have dolls of all kinds filling the house and fighting for space ! Also TIME! I just do not have enough time to give some of these dolls attention, some have just sat staring forlornly(if they have even come out their box ) waiting for that touch or to be loved. So where as in the beginning I would be near to tears if I sold a doll I had had for a while , now I am much harder and can sell them without a tear!

Now my smallest bedroom that was supposed to be getting cleared and sorted is now if anything fuller but with more boxes amidst all the bags that have started to turn up again! It will never become our bathroom at this rate, so I am on the spring warpath... looking at dolls and listing them either on my sales page or on ebay.

At the moment only a couple of Sasha's have found themselves on the adoption list , it's mostly other dolls that are having their photo's taken and appearing for sale on ebay.

This year I will be 60! Yes I know you all thought I was no more than 55.... pardon? 65? what a cheek, your off my Christmas card list ! and there are changes coming at my place of work that could mean I'll be expected to work longer , due to lack of staff, for no extra pay, now there's a surprise.. not! I may be wrong and staffing levels will stay the same...... mind that flying pig....  and I'll continue to work happily but who knows what the future is bringing. and so to that end I need to get myself sorted.

On another front we have lived in our house now for 11 years, this month and after doing a few things came to a grinding halt a few years back and the house as sat waiting , a little like some of the dolls, for us to stop spending all our time in the garden and come back inside to finish everything, so that's what we'll be spending our time on this year , the house.

My studio now has light and is just waiting for the slightly warmer weather, so that I can go claim it back from the spiders , that have spent the winter sheltered in there. I am looking forward to having more room settings to use in my stories!

Now a few updates. Due to my lack of energy etc the T shirt comp , fell to the wayside, so I have extended the deadline to the 10th of April for you to send in your photo of your customised white t shirt to win a pair of Ginny cords in colour of your choice.

Also a reminder that you can send your April doll shelf photos in now ready for showing on the 1st April, I already have some great ones sent in but we like to see lots, so what are your dolls doing? take that photo and sent it or them in, it's the first at the end of this week ! The time flies when we are having fun!!

So now I am off to take some more dolls out and give them the once over.... and Mossy's mumbling something about carrots?


*********************************************************************************




6 comments:

  1. BTW Noticed from one of your previous blog post comments that the sudden increase in your rabbit population was laid unfairly? on MY shoulders! That was rather naughty to say the least...but, as the saying goes, it's a good job that my shoulders are broad enough to take the blame!
    There always seems to be a good passing traffic of dolls/doll's clothing,props/accessories running through your spare bedroom...though sorry to hear that you are now saying that all that good, commendable work that was done last year in the tidying/sorting/selling on etc has once again been undone.
    Looking forward to seeing the newly commissioned Doll's studio in action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One can only tell the truth Kendal :) and I am sure you have laid a few astray over the years!!! :)
      Some how despite my best efforts more seems to arrive than go! or so it appears, one day I may win the battle but never the war!
      I'm looking forward to getting in that studio too! Hopefully it will fire up my imagination and stories will come thick and fast!

      Delete
  2. Dee, I just read this post on your blog, I promise, and I read it after I posted my heart-wrenching post regarding Little Dawn and her near-miss...aka...being put up for adoption and then changing my mind! I so relate on the space challenges and especially the time challenges. I am about to list a good many dolls for sale but not Sashas! I wish you the best of luck in your Spring cleaning and clearing actions. I also look forward to seeing your studio when it is up and running again. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read Little Dawn's tale :) I think we all have little Dawn moments, I know I do, it's amazing how when you spend some time with them , they worm their way back into your heart! Even now I have a Sasha up for sale that could find herself saved if other dolls sell !
      But alas Paul won move to a bigger house , so the dolls can have a room, he tells me that we downsized.. which is true but that was before I started this Sasha Adoption lark! lol
      It won't be long before I go and fight the spiders for possession of the studio, just hope I win that battle ! :)xxx

      Delete
  3. I hope you're successful with your selling and clearing Dee, I need to do the same, I've become overrun with dolls and dolly stuff and it's no good just shutting the door and coming down to the coast, it will still all be there when I return!!! So although it won't happen for a while, it will happen one of these days! So I wish you well with yours and you can give me some tips for when we go home after the summer!! ;)
    And no, I didn't think you were a day over 50, plus VAT of course ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, It's going slowly but it is going and that's a start.
      What a nice idea to just shut the door and go off to the coast! lucky you! lol
      I knew it had to be something.. that's it' it's the VAT!! :)xx

      Delete