Monday 28 March 2016

DUNGAREE'S....


On the face book group it's dungaree's week , luckily Ollie was wearing the ooak Nepalese earthquake dungaree's, so he was able to pop on and take part.
Now his sisters are searching through the clothing to find the Vintage Sasha sets and arguing over who will get to wear what !! 


***********************************************

For those who asked.. The tale of The Nepalese Dungarees.

Last year when there was the terrible Earthquake in Nepal, people were looking to for ways to donate to this worth cause.
One of the fabric houses, could be clothkits?, offered to send their off cuts and remnants to people for them to make items to sell to raise money for Nepal.

Ginny of A Passion for Sasha  took them up on their offer and received some of the red fabric you see that the dungarees were made in.
She made the set you see above and lovely pinafore dress set and also a baby set. She placed these all on ebay to sell at auction. I was luckily enough to win the dungarees set which you see and The Nepalese earthquake fund received a very nice sum down to the generosity of Clothkits and the talents of the lovely Ginny. so a win win all round.


**************************

8 comments:

  1. He looks great! I tried to go for these dungarees but, as usual, missed the boat. My children wore clothkits dungareees just like them. Memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni. My girls also had some clothkit clothes when they were younger , memories indeed :)xx

      Delete
  2. Very smart!
    It's the first that I've heard of these dungarees. Sad to say that I'm probably now way out of 'the Sasha loop' since leaving eBay so as not to be continually tempted to spend money and not basically following Facebook on a regular basis.
    What's the actual history behind them and where/when were they advertised for sale etc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just as well to say off ebay, it's were the devil works to steal our cash!! :) I answered your question on the history as requested :)xx

      Delete
  3. I love Ollie's photo Dee and what a cute puppy too! The dungarees are just fantastic and I, too, do not have a clue where you found them. Please enlighten us on their origins. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger. Ollie is a little sweetheart :) I have told their story above :)xx

      Delete
  4. These are great dungarees and of course no, I never saw anything on Ebay! LOL but why am I not surprised? I'm always five minutes behind or completely oblivious of life going on around me!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon , you are to busy sewing for that long waiting list to see what else is going on lol. Don't you worry about what happening , you just keep sewing, then maybe I'll get to the top sooner !! ;) xx

      Delete