Monday 21 March 2016

THE WANDERER RETURNS





ADAM !


I have to say this is probably one of my favourite's of the later Gotz dolls.


and my Adam has always appealed to me.  Three times I put him up for sale and then removed him within days but then I did it, I sold him!


and I do not usually look back once a doll as left, so on I moved.

 I have always thought this is the best boy's outfit along with the 68 shorts boys that these Gregor's were ever dressed and sold in. For me there is not a girl's outfit that comes anywhere near those two.


Where was I ? Oh yes, so I was amazed when I saw him on Shelly's , I read the description and knew I was 'my' Adam. So I sat and watched and thought,  no I don't need to buy him back, he's moved on been out in the world seeing new places , meeting new people and dolls , I was sure there were places he still would want to go.

So I left him , standing.... waiting... patiently.... for me to send that email ... asking....then requesting...until finally on his Gotz name day ( David ) St. David's day he came home to the village.



I looked him over.. was he really MY Adam ? He waited patiently ... a small smile hovering , was his hair like this? is that the face I remember? and then I saw it.......... that different colour button on his coat , just like my Adam had ! YES it was him, I cannot believe how happy it made me to KNOW I was right and this was my Adam.

So he's back, with tales to tell and new family to meet and he'll not be going anywhere for a very very long time, if ever.





********************************************************************************

14 comments:

  1. Welcome home to the Village Adam - lets hope mum doesn't sell you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Peters and Lee once sang...
    'Welcome home, welcome,
    Come on in and close the door,
    You've been gone, too long,
    Welcome, you’re home once more.’
    Well I'd have never guessed it was your Adam/David in a month of Sundays....although I did try very hard to remember who it was using your clue of the ‘odd coat button.’.
    I totally agree with you about his outfit being one of the very best of the later Gotz studio replicas (I loved mine although I would have liked slightly thinner knitted socks and a little larger sized cap.)
    My favourite of the girl's outfits was Trudie's long maroon dress under the floral pinafore which was a direct copy of the clothes that Hedea, one of my Studio Dolls. (I also loved her twisted side bunched hairstyle.)
    Alberto's outfit was another great replica but was disappointed in the cheap material used to make the patched trousers. (I particularly liked his facial freckles, boots, slate board, pencil and sponge.)
    Bet that you're enjoying meeting ALL those new Village Clan members that weren't there before your departure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that song :) I do think this outfit is probably the best of the boys. Funnily enough Trudie would have been my choice for the girls outfit as I to love her floral apron and plain dress.
      Adam is settling in well and making friends with his new brothers and sisters

      Delete
  3. What a heart-warming story of your dear Adam and such a happy homecoming for you both! I also love his outfit which is probably my favorite outfit of the later Gotz production. I have yet to adopt a David but maybe one day it will happen. In the meanwhile, I will so enjoy seeing your dear Adam in the Sasha Village posts. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger, I cannot believe how happy I was when I realised he WAS the old Adam :) There is something about this lad I love.
      I'm sure he'll be appearing in future posts once he's settled. :)xx

      Delete
  4. So happy that he has returned at last. Some of the Sashas and Gregors just BELONG to one Mum or one location.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen. You may be right, I think he was meant to come back home :)xx

      Delete
  5. He's such a handsome boy and I can understand your delight probably mixed with some relief to have him back. I also agree with everyone about the outfit, it's so smart for the boys. My favourite girl's Gotz outfit was Ira's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Viv, The outfit is one of the best. Ira's dress is gorgeous too, always feel it as a slight oriental look to it. :)

      Delete
  6. OH how funny is that! He came back and it really is him! I'm very pleased for you Dee, he's a lovely boy and yes, the outfit is really terrific. I look forward to hearing all that he's been up to in his absence. I expect he'll have some tales to tell....and he'll see some changes in The Village I'm sure.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I was sure it was him and was so pleased to realise that it was! and I'd not just bought another David. :) I'm looking forward to hearing about his travels :)xx

      Delete
  7. Bet he's glad to be home and I'm sure he'll help you recover fully from the doldrums x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe he's delighted to be back and I am sure he'll help me get my spark back :) xx

      Delete