Sunday 10 July 2016

CATCHING UP SUNDAY

No I have not vanished! But the world of work has taken over with people away on holiday, staff unable to work properly and less staff than we had at the beginning of the year ! So for the next two weeks I'll be worn out from working understaffed.

I received my new work uniform last week and for once I ordered the size I am instead of the size I was hoping to be by the time it arrived ! So it all fits ! But it meant I could get rid of the old uniform which I did not like and so had never worn, I'd managed to get away with wearing the uniform before that one as it was the same colour and style and they'd said we could mix them. However when I came to remove the 3 skirts, 5 tops, 1 waistcoat and 2 jackets that were as new unused condition, I also found five old blouses unused from a previous uniform and one old used one from way back when! I have worked for my company for the last 18 years and the uniforms are changed about once every two to three years, I was amazed that I still had those old unused blouses all sitting on the same hanger and the old one next to it! But it did spur me on to remove everything apart from my new uniform, destroy what I am unable to donate and bag up what I am. I also added a few other items of clothing that have waited in vain to be worn, I could go further but they'd not be a lot left!!

And while all this is going on I need to downsize my dolls and their clothes etc! I have made myself the target of getting this done by the end of July, so that the plumber can come and price for the work we want done.

I can hear you now saying " How hard can it be to sort out a few things to sell and reduce numbers? "

Well I'll show you my boxes of clothes and shoes for the dolls.....


Yes! this is what I must deal with! and this is not all of it! Just the things in boxes ! there are also several other bags and boxes that things have been put in and just left to be sorted into these boxes and that are still waiting. My plan is to reduce these boxes down to no more than the three (or two if I can manage it) large boxes shown at the bottom plus only one box for boots and two for shoes although the two for shoes may be hard.

There are also about six boxes, smaller at least , of fabric and trims plus three boxes of wool, one large and two small!

I tried thinking I would sell all the clothes I never use much but of course all the clothes I have I bought because I love them! So it's very hard to put things in the move on pile ! Then I'm thinking keep no more than six of any one style by a designer.....again , no so easy to do ! But I have decided today I am going to move all the clothes I want to keep into two of the big boxes and go from there.
Same with the shoes and boots, do I need several pairs of boots in shades of blue? Yes.. No ?

But I am in a clearing out, be hard  it must go mood today , so need to use that energy to make a big dent in this! NOW !

Mary by the way tells me she is willing to wait a little while longer for her story to continue and I am hoping to get some time to take a few photos later, I'm hoping it will brighten up this afternoon as it's very grey and having the odd spit of rain. Which is such a shame after yesterdays lovely warm and sunny day!

I'll be listing all my things that I am selling on my Sales page, the Sasha Bazaar and then finally ebay.
If I am selling an item or two you have made please don't feel slighted as I am sure as you well know I'll be back once all's in order because my girls and boys cannot resist having something new to wear now and then!



********************************************************************************





18 comments:

  1. Some very good intentions then...but will they last I ask myself (and you???) Thinking that I'll reserve judgement and just wait and see.
    (Rather the same thing that is meant to be happening here but has unfortunately had to be prosponed for another month or so until I feel in the right mind to make these important decisions...as, I've learnt in the past, there will be no chance of going back.)
    (I can remember when my daughter first worked for the NatWest after leaving school and they were given M&S tokens with which to buy their navy suits and white blouses.) Personally, I've always been keen on uniforms in general, and especially in the schools, as it solves those 'what to wear today' problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of very good intentions Kendal and I am determined to succeed.. well if I can just bring myself to part with half of all I have .. ish..
      I've learnt to move on and not look back as something else will replace it's spot in your heart.. hopefully!!

      I like having a uniform saves me having to decide what to wear every morning but some of them are designed by plonkers who've never worked in a bank, it should suit everyone and be flexible but it's not always the case.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the down sizing! Can't wait to see who needs a new home...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SIMPLES!!! :) is the VDub land finished or was you just driving by and thought you let us know you still alive? Lovely to hear from you :) They'd all like a new home but i'll only let a few escape me.......... ;)

      Delete
  3. Sunday afternoon...surely must be the most boring day of the week... the kids (real ones...not vinyl ones) are at Silverstone to watch the Grand Prix...haven't seen them since Thursday as they stayed over so goodness knows what the laundry pile will be like when they arrive home tonight!! Hope you let a couple of your Sasha kids escape to be tormented by me ... I miss being mean to vinyl:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely you have all their ironing to do? you being one of those good mothers :) unlike myself who when they hit 16 made them start doing their own ironing!
      My Sasha kids still remember the icy days of your reign ;) and would step foot anywhere in Sussex without a piece of garlic and an icecream cone!! lol :)

      Delete
  4. Myfanwy is keen to come and help you sort, Dee. She's the Hattie of our house and likes to organise us. But I think she is viewing a potential trip to give you a hand as a chance to get first dibs on items you are selling so, as we are downsizing too, I've chained her to the heaviest wardrobe...... She is mutterng things about the Ice Queen being a better and more loving mother than the one she has to live with....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm sure Myfanwy would be a great help but yes you may land up with a big clothing bill as she fills a suitcase or trunk!
      The heaviest wardrobe won't stop her not if she's another Hattie!
      Shame on Myfanwy for saying such a thing! The Ice Queen a lov lov.. see I cannot even bring myself to type such a thing.... :)

      Delete
  5. Myfanwy is a good judge of character Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The child's in temper so will say anything... to wound...

      Delete
  6. Myfanwy is a good judge of character Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liked that so much you had to say it twice? lol

      Delete
  7. You're doing a grand job Dee and I'm taking some leaves from your book too...not with clothes but with dolls. I've been listing and photographing for days now! Hopefully they'll find new homes quickly as once the decision is made, I just want them gone!
    xxx
    PS hello Ronny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ya S! Don't tell me you are parting with some of your Sasha dolls?!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sharon :) That's good that you are having a downsize before you upsize ! lol I'm the same if I list something I want it gone before I can change my mind!

      Delete
    3. Hey Icy, she not selling any Sasha's into slavery ;)

      Delete
  8. Way to go Dee! I wish you every success in your downsizing efforts. It is much better on the other side of it. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger, just hope I can find the other side!!! :) xxx

      Delete