Sunday 3 July 2016

DECISIONS DECISIONS DECISIONS.....

The weekend is slowly coming to an end and I for one have had a wonderful time. Lunch out on my birthday which was Friday, then dinner out Saturday with the family and then another impromptu birthday lunch today!


and the sun stayed out the whole time ! So a great 60th , I may have to be 60 again next year if this is what happens! :)

Now back to  normal in a sense! I'm trying hard to reduce all my doll things! I have until the end of this month to reduce as much as I can or am willing to do in order that it can all be moved and the room be available to be turned into a bathroom!

So hard decisions have to be made ! Now most of you know I LOVE Karen Warnaka's coats and dresses. So much so that I have a very fine collection!


 and here are some of them, yes some  ! on this rail are three different styles, the waist length jacket on the right, next along is the collared coat and then the hooded jackets.


Here are some more of the hooded coats and I know for a fact another is being worn by a doll upstairs and yet another waist length white jacket by Paige!.
So I have made the decision that I need to reduce these coats! I know how can I bring myself to do it! and which one's to chose!
So I am going to try to find ten...... maybe .....to sell on..... if I have two in the same colour one must go, even if they are in different styles...... and to that end I have managed to sort out a few.



1/ Dark Green



2/ Checked brown



3/  Mauve  Purple

4/ Brown


5/ Blue Purple


6/ Herringbone Terracotta, all above were sold.


And maybe this red but I'm not sure if I will keep this one....

I'll probably regret selling them but I need to make space and I am keeping a good cross section of the colours. Now if i could just whittle down the rest of my things......

Enjoy the coming week.

*******************************************************************************

11 comments:

  1. ....BUT they were your 'on trend' and pride and joy!
    I'm just speechless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Kendal! But I need to be hard and only keep half of them or i'll never get this room cleared! Speechless? is this a first? ;) xx

      Delete
    2. Probably...as I'm not usually lost for words!Pity that they hadn't come up for sale early (before my own downsizing) as I might well have been tempted to buy a couple as I just adore the pale blue one that you gave me for one birthday.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a very lovely and special birthday. Best wishes for a very happy upcoming year.
    Good luck with the reducing! Hopefully moving things on will be the hardest part of your remodel, and everything else will just fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, I can but try!
      We are finally starting to get things sorted re the remodeling so hopefully things will happen!

      Delete
  3. SIXTY, Dee? There's no such number. I have been having my 50th for 11 years now, which is great because those zero-ending birthdays bring out the best n one's nearest and dearest!

    Kendal, Dee is doing this on purpose! She knows how much we liked the on-trend KW jackets and is trying to tempt us to give up on our down-sizing. Oh, OK, Dee we both know that I am buying another Sasha baby but.......I love the blue purple one Dee - just how many did you buy?? does the bank know that the mortgage you took out was for teeny coats and not an extension on the house?

    Glad you had such a lovely birthday weekend!
    J xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that sixty was the new forty! which I think is about right! Well as long as I don't need to get up then It's the new seventy!! lol
      My plan is working .. ha ha ha ( fiendish laugh) Oh if only I'd know I could have had a very very tiny extension with that coat moneys... too late

      Thanks Jen
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Good luck with your downsizing Dee. It is very difficult to sell such gorgeous clothing that Karen creates. But nice you will keep some of your wardrobe. So glad your birthday weekend was sunny and happy! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger , it is because you buy them because you love them so it makes it double hard to sell them! :)xxx

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you had a great weekend for your birthday Dee and that your family spoiled you....and yes, I agree with Jenni, you need to ignore that number now and go backwards...that's what I'm doing!
    I wish you well with selling your jackets, I don't think you'll have any problems though especially as you've already paid the customs on them!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, I did have a lovely long birthday weekend. I don't feel sixty , well not unless i'm getting up off the floor and then ! I hear sixty is the new forty so I'll stick with that! trouble is with three daughters now in their thirty's I may have to say I'm their BIG sister!!
      Thanks Sharon, I know they'll sell well which is good as at least i won't have time to change my mind!! xxx

      Delete