Tuesday 19 July 2016

WAY BACK WHEN

I attended the Sasha Celebration Weekend I collected a non Sasha doll that I had been paying off for.
She is a bjd doll by Kaye Wiggs, I already had one girl , Elfine , who I just love as she fulfills my love of fairies, elves and magic and although she tends to sit around alot , she always comes to life once she's taken down to play with.

When I first became aware of these Kaye Wiggs dolls, it was through a doll called Izzy but these dolls sell quickly and are only made for a short period before another dolls is sculpted.

So when I saw an Izzy being sold by another Sasha member and that layaway was possible I was in as quick as possible, it then took me a while to pay for her but finally I was ready to collect her.


Here she is sitting on our hotel bed , still wrapped to protect her face.


She came without her eyes in and with her factory face paint.

I thought I had taken a photo of her without her wrapping but if I did I cannot find it. But you can see that she has black paint around her eyes  which also defined her nose and mouth.

So after a chat with Sharon, her head was removed and it traveled to Spain so that the very talented Sharon could give her what is know as a Face Up! Meaning she would remove the factory paint and repaint her in a more natural manner.

** Sharon took some photos before she started on her so here they are.



You can see the dark painting detail round her eyes and nose.


I especially did not like the black around the nose and in the mouth.

So Sharon removed all this black and other paint and restarted.


So her head arrived home on Monday, so today I put it back on her body , found her some clothes and a wig and here she is.



we went out into the only shady spot in the garden the lych gate.


She is still finding her style , so will try a few other wigs etc over the coming months.


Also eye colour's


It's a bit too hot for me, an amateur, to be removing and replacing her eyes! So that can wait but Sharon has done a beautiful job on her face giving her a much more natural look.


She was finding shade where ever she could!


She plays with the Nasturtiums.


 Meeting the garden guards.


making friends


Chatting!


a cheeky look!

So I am very happy to finally have this girl who will be a friend for Elfine , I hope! and also my Sasha family.


********************************************************************************

15 comments:

  1. So glad that Elfine's new friend is feeling better. She really did look unwell in your first photos of her, poor girl! Sharon to the rescue! She is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did ! all that black was making her ill, now the wonderful Sharon's brought her back to a nice healthy glow! :)

      Delete
  2. She's adorable! And I love those big blue eyes on her - they give her such a great expression! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree! lol I worried her eyes were too bright but I'll be leaving her with them a while to see if they are 'her' :)

      Delete
  3. Her face is lovely now - and so is her outfit - lead me not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia, I could say the same to you about that Studio doll ! ;)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank's Kendal I know she's not a Sasha :)

      Delete
  5. She has made herself right at home now that her head and body are back together again! I'm glad that you're happy with her Dee, and she looks lovely in this outfit and wig.
    Big hugs Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly as ! :) Thankfully Paul remembered how you'd said to take the head off! She'll be checking out the boxes of clothing once the weather cools down a little!
      Thank you so much for your great work in making her look so lovely and natural. Hugs Dee xxxxx

      Delete
  6. She is just adorable Dee! I love how you have dressed her and Sharon's painting is spectacular!!! A very sweet girl. So nice to have a friend for Elfine too. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger I do just love her :) Sharon is so talented and made her perfect for me. I'm so glad Elfine will have a friend almost just like herself in the Village :) xxx

      Delete
  7. Welcome home little Izzy.....is she going to keep that name or will you give her another?
    And I love her new face-up, like you I am not a fan of the factory face-ups on the KW tan dolls. And well done in getting her eyes in too.....it isn't easy to get them to stay in the KW head!
    And lucky Elfine too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, I'm not sure because my Westie is called Izzy, so she may get confused at hearing her name! I'll wait to see if she tells me of another she prefers.
      Sharon's very talented and I'm so pleased with her. I have to confess Sharon pt her eyes in! lol But I do have a bjd, as yet to be introduced, who needs her eyes put in and I now have the putty to do it!
      I think that Elfine may not be as impressed with Izzy as I hope, she like her friend Tansy , something to do with the ears ;)

      Delete
    2. That's the doll not the Dog!! lol

      Delete