Sunday 13 November 2016

SUNDAY CATCH UP

Well things are moving along slowly especially now the really cold weathers decided to arrive!
a week back the plasterer came to start the render on the outside of the old porch.

I did take some photos of the first stage but appear not to have uploaded them! Anyway he returned on Monday and did the top coat which involved the stones.


view from side that in the carport. I also convinced Paul that he needed to paint the front door , so that we'd be able to fit the glass when it also arrived Monday.


So here's the door that's had two coats of paint and needs another two. The side panel is going to be the same colour and once that's done we'll decide if the frame will stay white or if that also needs to be colour of door.


I think it's now looking like part of the house. Once it's dried out we'll paint the render white to match the house colour.


side view.

Paul collected the double glazed glass panels which will sit behind the stained glass , once he makes it, and when he got back home found that they'd made the them to small between the glass panels! So a call to the glaziers and they are making us new ones but said we could throw away the other ones.

But Paul's fitted then temporarily so that we can get the area secure and warm  and allow him to remove the old front door





So he's fitted the glass. Just needs another two coats of paint and the letter plate fitted and then we can remove the old door!! It will seem very strange when that happens! I wanted to paint the door Teal but it was very hard to find just the right shade as I did not want it too dark. Finally I found this colour which is called Ocean reef which I think fits the bill perfectly, so very happy with it.



This morning it's bright and dry, so Paul's going to paint the door again and also the side panel, which now as a small extra piece of trim just under the window. Paul thought the panel looked too plain against the door , so asked his work to send this extra piece which arrived Friday and he fitted Saturday, now I know why he did not paint the panel last weekend!.

On the Sasha front , I am still trying to reduce my Sasha clothes etc down into no more than four large boxes! plus shoes and boots in their own boxes.



Because I usually buy things , then leave them somewhere and find them months later, last year I decided to keep all the new things in one box, so I would be able to find them and use them, well it's now a year later and these items are still in the box!!

 a closer look..


I did think at the time that I could also use them for Sasha Friend Christmas gifts and I do think I may have pulled a couple of things out for that purpose but mainly they have all just sat in the box.


 and now added to all this is this years Chat n Snap purchases! So due to my unexpected purchase of Christie I am going to sell a few items on which will help make some room in the box.  and later today I will use these new items from CnS on my babies etc to make sure they are used!

So for anyone interested , make sure you keep checking my sales page as not only some of the new things are going , there will be more from my barely used stock!

I am determined to get these clothes down to just four boxes by the end of this year...


*********************************************************************************

12 comments:

  1. Loving the colour you chose for the door. Oooh, can't wait to see the stained glass design in there. St I's Towers is going to be the envy of the neighbourhood!
    Great stash too. I'm sure our Sashas sometimes end up with ore clothes than we provided for our human children in all their growing years combined. But they are good little things and really make their outfits last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni, I could not believe just how hard it was to settle on the right shade of colour!! Paul's still got so much to do before he can even think about doing the stained glass but at least this way we can start using the door.
      And we are The Cottage not the Towers, we're in the country don't ya know! ;)
      My Sasha's have more clothes than my children ever did! and definitely way more than me and such nice clothes it's hard to give them up!!

      Delete
    2. Ah, YOU live in The Cottage and WE live in The Towers, Fawlty Towers, - that's very faulty Fawlty Towers just now. But we will save our crumbling pile, we will, we WILL!!!

      Delete
    3. One must never try to live above one's station , ours being Waterloo! lol
      Yes the towers and fawlty does sound apt for the problems you are facing but YOU will WIN! I have Faith!

      Delete
  2. I love the colour of the door too and it is lovely to see the temporary glass in so that the new porch can start to warm up and really become part of the house.
    And I will certainly be keeping an eye on your FS page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. It is nice now that the temporary glass will let us take off the old door , hopefully next weekend and finally make the porch part of the house :)
      Yes there will be lots coming up for sale, have got to get these things into just four boxes.....

      Delete
  3. That imo IS the PERFECT colour for YOUR front door knowing YOUR love of all BRIGHT colours (well apart from orange!)
    It has been most interesting seeing your porch being 'closed in' to become an integral part of the house. Now look forward to seeing how much extra space the removal of the old front door brings, plus which wallpaper was finally decided upon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Kendal I Do LOVE colour 😊 I am glad you are enjoying the process of this refit and I'm also looking forward to getting to the end and seeing it all.

      Delete
  4. A very lovely color for your front door. Things are moving along so well. I have really enjoyed watching your construction project over recent weeks. Good luck on your sales and downsizing by the year's end. I know you will make it because once you make up your mind, you follow through and make it happen! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger. It's coming along nicely.

      I hope I can make a big inroad into these boxes, would make a big difference to have less to find a home for! Xxx.

      Delete
  5. The front door and the new porch look great, I do like the happy blue colour of the front door. The extra piece of trim really sets it all off :)
    What a lot of unworn outfits you have there....I want to come and play at your house please!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, I'm really pleased with the colour. Paul will be so glad you said that! lol
      Bad I am! yes you'll have to come over to play and help me downsize.. :) xx

      Delete