Saturday 11 February 2017

ANOTHER OLDIE

Yesterday I added the words from a song from a 1949 film, the words of which I remember from the sixties.

Whenever I think of that song , I always land up thinking of this section from another film , this one from 1955 starring Danny Kaye and called The Court Jester.

Danny Kaye played Hurbert.

Hubert " The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle, the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true!"
Griselda " Right but there's been a change, they broke the chalice from the palace "






H " They broke the chalice from the palace? "
G " and replaced with a flagon "






H " A flagon? "
G" with a dragon "
H " Flagon with a dragon "
G " Right "
H "But did you put the poison in the vessel with the pestle? "



G " No. The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon! The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!"
H " The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon, the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true "
G " Just remember that!"



My sisters an I would wander round the house saying to each other   " The flagon with the dragons as the pellet with the poison and the chalice from the Palace has the brew that is true , the correcting each other ! Even now if you were to say to one of my sisters .. The chalice from the palace? they'd quote the above  !
Even my girls know these quotes.
Which shows you the power of words, when used in an entertaining sequence, will be remembered for years.

You can see the clip on you tube if you are interested.


I have to thank Lady Matilda, from a girl for all time, for assisting me in this post .


and Prince Stephan , from Carpatina , known to us as Rupert, for also assisting in this post.


I think Lady Tilda has a soft sot for Prince Rupert.


Prince Rupert is, as most men, totally oblivious!


*********************************************************************************

10 comments:

  1. Some dialog from films or television shows is so brilliant that it stays with you forever. I still start to laugh when I think of some of my favorites. Rupert and Lady Tilda make a cute couple (even though he doesn't realize it).
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does Steve. My youngest daughter can sing all the words from A nightmare before Christmas as she loved that film so much when she was little :)
      I think Rupert's playing hard to get :)

      Delete
  2. Hahahahaaa! We used to quote this at each other in our family too, but we always got it slightly wrong! LOL!
    I loved this Dee.......and please thank Matilda and Rupert for helping too. I so enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful, it's a great film isn't it! I'll have to watch it again as it's been a good few years since I last saw it. We always argue over the words at this part too! :)
      I'm glad it struck a cord :)

      Delete
  3. Now that IS odd - I don't remember anything about the film, not even the title.
    But your two carry of the roles perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have missed a treat then Jenni :) you can watch parts on you tube , if you want to see what Prince Rupert and Lady Matilda were reenacting :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness we used to quote from this in our house too, in fact Brian still does sometimes, although I just leave him to it most of the time!! ;)
    These two make a nice attractive pair. I wonder of Rupert will ever become aware that she has a soft spot for him!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a well known and great quote isn't it! :) I think Rupert likes Matilda but he does not know how to show her, in case she does not feel the same! Boys! xx

      Delete
  5. Those Carpatina dolls really like to steal the show. I know Adam always wanted to get into the act and have his photo taken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, I think they know just how handsome they are, thank goodness they cannot take selfies!!

      Delete