Saturday 6 May 2017

BOYS BOYS BOYS...


Thought I'd take some photos of the different types of boys I had !


My Kathe Kruse boys


Prince Stephan , a Carpatina boy.


Albie my Natterer lad


Lennert my Zwergnase tot


Bruno my Pongratz boy


Cousin Ron my Schoenhut boy


Mike one of my Kids n Cats boys


Robin a Trendon  boy, Lucas a Gotz Toddler and Peter a Gotz Button nosed boy.


all together


Everyone squeezed in together


Constantin with Ulli


Bruno  with Ron, Bruno from 1990? Ron from 1911 both made of wood .


Mike with Ron , Mike 2011 &  Ron 1911 Both with movable joints.


 and 100 years between them yet able to move their joints , yet Ron has more moving joints than Mike.



I can hear the Gregors demanding a group photo shoot ! I'd best get them sorted and do one, just to keep the peace!


*********************************************************************************

12 comments:

  1. Now that's a handsome group of lads! It's funny, but the early Gotz boys always look so petite by themselves, but next to the early Frido boys they look quite strapping. I've noticed the same thing with my Rolf. The Schoenhut dolls seem so amazingly ahead of their time.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree ;) I think the gotz boys or dolls can vary in size and most Frido boys are petite.
      I agree the Schoenhut dolls were so innovative then and our dolls makers are only just catching up!

      Delete
  2. What an amazing group of dolls! I had no idea there were so many different kinds. Ron looks wonderful for 116!! I imagine he must have been an expensive doll in his time. I shall be Googling and looking up about all the different kinds now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks , There are so many out there but girls tend to be the preferred ones.Ron has aged well ;) I would imagine he was expensive in his day. Glad to have inspired you to look at what boys are around :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! Let's hear it for the boys!
    Great to see little Lucas again.....hope he is being naughty...if not, send him over to me .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) yes lets :)
      Little Lucas is, almost a model student.... almost.. sometimes a dark shade comes over him.. he shivers with an icy stare.. then all hell breaks loose..... you'd be so proud! ;)

      Delete
  4. Such an interesting variety of your lads here...but I'll still stick with the Frido/Trendon and early/late Gotz boys every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendal. For me as a collector of many things, I tend to go where the collecting pull takes me, hence this motley crew of lads :)

      Delete
  5. Wow! I really enjoyed seeing your fantastic boy family. They are all so wonderful, I couldn't decided which I liked the best. I think Bruno may have snagged me, though... There's nothing like a ginger! They are all dressed beautifully - lucky lads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes all sorts to be a family ;) Yes good pick , Bruno is my keeper forever boy, I just waited so long for him :)

      Delete
  6. A wonderful bunch of boys Dee, all so handsome and all so different. It's amazing that the joints of the newer Kidz n Cats dolls aren't anywhere as good as your boy from 1911!
    I loved seeing all the lads together :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I just love all sorts of dolls! I agree those Schoenhut dolls take some beating for their movability ! xx

      Delete