Monday 30 September 2019

AN ARTS AND CRAFTS GEM

These are my photos from Standen House , there are loads of them , so you may wish to grab a drink and sit and enjoy or flick through at a rapid rate , or skip completely but if you love Arts and Crafts and William Morris you will find lots to look at.


The entrance


2


3 Corner of front walled entrance


4


5 Corner of billiard room which had two screens with videos of William Morris and his work , running which was why it's dark in this corner.

  6


7 Lovely bright wallpaper in the downstairs hallways


8 Conservatory/ Garden room where lots of swathes of William Morris fabric were spread around.


9

 10


11


12 Loved this screen, a good idea for getting some more WM fabric in the house...


13

14 Sitting room


15 the stairs

16

 17 Another gorgeous wallpaper

18

19 One of the bedrooms

20

21

22


23 The dressing room with a built in wardrobe which was rare at the time.

 24 another bedroom

25


26


27 This room was having the floor polished by hand by volunteers.


28 Dinning room


29

30
31 This rooms walls were all hang with fabric.

32


33

34

35 more pattern wallpaper in another hallway

36 Look at those colours

 37 The shop set up

 38

39

40

41

42

42

43

44 The National Trust shop selling William Morris.. alas i could only buy a small note book while drawling over the treasures available!

Well I won't put the garden photos on here but on the garden blog but lots of inspiration was found in this gorgeous house and it's contents.

I did say to Paul you could make me a conservatory/garden room just like the one in this house, he just smiled and said yes dear.... he knows I'm serious but he realises that I'll be dazzled by something else in time, hopefully much much smaller that he can make and stir me away from my grand plans !


*********************************************************************************

10 comments:

  1. Surely this is what heaven looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful house, thanks for sharing. As an alternative to a conservatory maybe you can go for the screen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and you are welcome. Yes I could start with the screen... lol

      Delete
  3. Oh my oh my! How could you not purchase a small piece of that fabric heaven to bring home Dee? Thank you so much for sharing all the beautiful photos, my gob is full of slobber now. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in-creditably hard not to purchase loads! But I restrained myself and just bought a WM note book.
      Glad you enjoyed them xx

      Delete
  4. P.S. I was thinking perhaps you could settle for the screen, I'm sure between yourself and Paul you could pull it off. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will have to be the screen... at least for now.. lol

      Delete
  5. WOW, you must have been completely in your element Dee when you entered here! And all that lovely fabric everywhere. Definitely looks like an enjoyable place to visit.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol It was, I could have stayed all day if we'd not been going on to visit with Courtney, Mike and Clara.
      I'd have loved to have sat in their make believe showroom and looked through all the fabric's and books of wallpaper.. bliss.. :) xx

      Delete