Sunday 14 June 2020

SUNDAY

Well Sunday's here again and a lovely sunny warm day it is too! After the cooler wetter weather of last week it's a welcome change. Mind you I did not mind the showers and rain we had, the garden is so dry that the rain at times heavy,  only barely touched the surface.

 a view of the gazebo at 8am today with the sun streaming through on the right.

I had to go for an eye test at the hospital on Friday and it was a bit of a surreal experiance, having to wear a face mask all the time I was there, sitting in a chair 2 mtrs away from the next, hardly anyone around.
I had drops put in my eyes that enlarged the pupils , so that photos could be taken of the inside of the eyes. My sister ,who had also had it done before, said it stings and then your eyes are blurry up to 6 hours after. However it seems I live in the only part of the country where the NHS trust still put a small drop of pain killer into your eyes first and then a few minutes later add the drops to widen the pupils. So no stinging for me.
My eyes did go blurry but strangely not to bad. The only time I had any real trouble seeing was when I left the hospital and was hit by the bright natural light outside, even with my glasses that automatically darken in bright light, it was still hard to keep my eyes open to try and see, but as one cannot drive after having this process, Paul was there to guide me back to his car and drive me home.


My order of heather toned wools arrived ,for my dolls sweaters I intend to knit before the winter actually arrives! I just need to decide what styles I want to go for, find a basic pattern , then change it to how I want it. Pardon? did I check my already large stocks of yarn for my sweaters.... well as every knitter will tell you, you very rarely have just what you need and so the purchasing of more is always required......honest....

Well it seems I've sort of agreed to now work until the end of September! There was I counting down the weeks until the end of July only for the date to run ahead two months! Mind you it is not set in stone as anytime after the end of July, I can just say, sorry had enough I'm off ! so we'll see how it goes!
So now I'm looking forward to the two weeks holiday I booked for the last couple of weeks of July, so five whole weeks to go...

 A few weeks back I changed all the china on the dresser, clearing off all the dolls that were stood on it and it was a dresser again....now.....I don't know just quite how it happens that over a short space of time it seems to become a gathering station for dolls again....does anyone else have a similar problem!

My doll sales are ticking along, the only issue depends on what country the doll needs to be sent to!I had two that needed to go to Russia, which meant a trip to the post office! But I also needed to go into work on Saturday, so I was first in the queue at the post office yesterday ,suitably masked. It's much better if I can have the parcel collected and sent on it's way, which I have managed to do up until these two parcels.

We continue to spend time working on the garden, the house always takes a back seat during the summer. Paul's finding space for the Canna's and Dahlia's he's over wintered in the greenhouse and are now needing to go into the garden to help add some much needed splashes of colour.

Wishing you all a safe and healthy week ahead

Dee 


4 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right. You NEVER have just the right wool, and there are so many wonderful colours.... I'm looking forward to the sweaters you'll make from that box of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A woman after my own heart! :) I plan on starting as soon as I find the right pattern to adjust!

      Delete
  2. The girls on the dresser look like they're waiting for something...maybe it is better to keep them there, just in case you need them...maybe to be measured for a new jumper?
    I've had that eye test, and mine stung just a bit but like you it was the sunshine that made it worse, I had to wear dark glasses all day.
    I was saying the same thing about masks a few weeks ago to Brian but it's got to be so 'normal' now...it's weird though, seeing only someone's eyes!
    Big hugs xx
    PS Love those new wools, they're pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thought's exactly, I need all the sizes for jumper sizing ;)
      I agree I think after a short while and seeing more people wearing them , it will become the new norm !xx

      Delete