Sunday 28 June 2020

THE LAST SUNDAY OF JUNE!

Well June's flown by probably pushed by this windy weather we are having, although we had plenty of still hot days too.
And hot it as been this week, my studio regristered 33.9 and that was with both the door and window wide open! This is the problem when you put in insulation to keep warmth in for the winter months it will also help keep it in for the summer ones too!
I've told Paul I need a couple of big trees to help shade my studio in the summer.. he's not agreeing! plus they would get in the way of the washing line... so I'll have to think of something else !

This weekend's been sunshine and showers with a lovely wind !, I love this type of weather, you are able to get on with lots of things, while still enjoying some sun. We have quite a bit to do in the garden, so this weather allows us to get quite a bit done between any showers which appear to be short and sweet.


The FB group is doing Sasha's in florals , so I took a few photos to put on, only taken me a week !
Wren, Claudia and Jenny have been standing on the dresser just waiting quietly chatting away.
But I have been busy this week.

My sales on ebay, which had slowed right down ,had a big boost and several dolls and some clothes sold. So I had to make an early morning trip to the post office on Saturday, so I was second in the social spaced queue for when it opened. I drove down to where I work so that my car that is spending weeks just sitting on the drive got a good run there and back.
I could park in my branch carpark and just walk round to the post office while the town was still waking up.

Paul's spent most of the weekend gardening as there is so much that needs doing.

One of the jobs he started , but will take ages to finish, was cutting back nextdoors hedge! Our neighbour, who we get on with wonderfully, used to have someone cut the hedge both sides, but once we'd put all our flower beds etc in, the gardener was not too careful on where the big piece of hedge triming dropped, so Paul said , not to worry he'd do it.
But then the hedge , which is the dreaded laylandii  got really big and our neighbour had it cut back. But his new gardener after a year or so stopped cutting the top over on our side, unfortunately we did not realise to start with and then another year or so has passed until !

You can see how high it now is which is supposedly just on our side as his 'gardener' manages to keep their side short!


So  I discovered Paul chopping away at it today as he'd been sorting out our big thriple compost bins and  the hedge was almost covering them in some places ( I'd cut a few branches off a couple of week ago but only lower ones )


x


We will over the winter months cut the hedge right back to the main trunks on our side and put a fence up, so that his gardenere will be a ble to reach the middle and we won't have to keep cutting back our side, it's too big and we'll be too old in a few years to be balancing on ladders cutting someone elses hedge!


This still needs doing probably about fifty foot long and there's another 25 to 30 in the other direction! It's also full of brambles!

I have also bought a couple of dolls as well as selling some, but they are no Sasha's. My need for a new Sasha is not as strong as in the early days, now a Sasha must appeal greatly and there will be a few out there but they've not appeared as yet!.


The dolls I bought are from the A Girl for All Time range. I already own four of their period dolls , these two are from their modern doll range. But I will dress them in period costume. I want to dress all my AGFAT dolls in Regency outfits. I bought the boy who is called Max because he's the only boy in that range adn I always like to have at least one boy if they are available.

I redressed the girl , Maya, into a Georgian outfit I had space. Another doll I bought is an older Kathe Kruse doll which is on it's way to me.
I loved the Kathe Kruse dolls before I even knew about Sasha's and have a few of the later ones but I am working on getting a few older dolls before retirement tightens the purse strings!

So later this week it will be July ! we'll be starting into the second half of the year ! let's hope it's a beter half than the first as been!

Wishing you all a great doll filled healthy week ahead.

Dee


2 comments:

  1. I really like the boy, his skin tone, his hair, everything about him really. I was sorely tempted when he was on pre-order but decided at the last minute that I have enough dolls (for that day anyway!!!). I will be interested to see how you dress him too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does have a nice colour to him, could have been living in Spain ! lol
      alas like everything round here at the moment it's all on hold until I'm free! :) xx

      Delete