Sunday 21 December 2014

CAROUSEL IN THE TOWN.


Yesterday when we popped in to Town for a little shopping there was a beautiful Carousel in the Market Square. Being me I did not have a camera on me, Paul had not got his phone but Lindsey did have her mini Ipad, so she took the photo!
Unfortunately it was going at full speed so you only get the blurred image of the Carousel ! I may have to get myself either an up to date phone or a mini ipad so I can do the job myself! I wanted her to wait for it to stop!
We did not go into town until quite late as I had not been too well first thing but I could not believe how many people were still in the shops!
Queues at every till, the book shop Waterstones which is just behind this Carousel was crammed with late shoppers getting those Christmas gifts as was most other shops we visited.Which is probably why the square looks so empty!

Seeing this makes me realise I must do a post on all the lovely places in Hitchin a very pretty Town.


*********************************************************************************

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting!
    I can see the carousel moving, so the blurrieness does make sense to me.

    (Bookmark: next year I had to visit England for the first time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome :)
      And yes you must come to England for the Chat n Snap in October! I will then know who to follow round in November when you are buying all your Sasha Christmas props in Germany!! :)

      Delete
  2. What a beauty! I'm afraid I would have had to have a turn, so if you want to avoid being embarrassed, don't go shopping with me!
    Hope your tum has settled down.
    J xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the normal scheme of things I would have had a ride! Just love Carousels! :)

      Delete
  3. Me too Jenni! Don't know how Denise could have resisted not to have done so and definitely a missed opportunity for a Sasha/Greor photoshoot.

    So sorry to hear that you weren't feeling too well earlier in the morning. Get better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendal if I had realsied it was there and been feeling my usual self, Me and a Sasha would have been riding and taking selfies!! :)

      Delete
  4. It's lovely and I like the blurriness because it adds to the 'movement' of the carousel.
    I like the carousel on the pier at Walton on the Naze and have photos of me as an adult going round on it, I'd not have been able to resist having a go on this one either :)
    Big hugs Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may need to see if they can have it here in Hitchin when The Chat n Snap's in town!! :)
      Then they would see a lot of BIG kids with Dolls and camera's having a great time!!
      hugs Dee xx

      Delete
  5. It looks like it was the same one that visited Hitchin town centre in December 2013 - Downs Gallopers/Carousel - see http://aroundhitchin.net/?p=335 - it is steam driven and the organ is an 89 key Gavioli. You can see what it is like to ride this gallopers (and see a close up of the organ) at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBQs244Ic4I and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6kPwYvoIYg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the Steam driven one and I just love these ones. Thanks for info re seeing it still :)

      Delete
  6. So nice to see the carousel Dee! Hope you are feeling much better now! I was out and about today with final shopping to do. Christmas is very close now! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger, I am quite well now. Yes Christmas is very Close now!! :)xx

      Delete