Sunday 1 November 2015

NOVEMBER 1ST

This year seems to be rattling round very quickly! I cannot believe that it's now November! Mind you the weather's been quite mild so far which does help make it appear not so late in the year.

Today the sun is shining and it's lovely and warm after a chill start !

Well The Chat n Snaps been and gone, all happens so fast at the end! I have as usual decided as I do after every single one that I must save more towards it next year, but this time I am serious , if i'd been good I would have been able to snap up Liss's gorgeous Button nose boy and not have to watch him go home with another!

Mind you there is a happy ending to that story..... details to come another time.....  :)


I dressed my two brunette No Navel girls , Winter and Raven in my gorgeous Pumpkin print dresses by Michelle, these dresses are just so lovely. I made them some stripy black and red tights to finish off the look but due to the time of year they could probably do with a short cardigan in a matching tone to keep them warm! But what matching tone? Not Orange! the gold in the pumpkin detail? red to match the tights? Terracotta?



x


Raven on the Left's hair is not too bad but Winter's on the right is very dry, I am considering giving it a little trim.



The pair of them were a Nightmare to stand today!


A close up of this gorgeous Batik fabric with the pumpkin pattern.


x



A friend from the US sent back from the Sasha Festival this cord for me to restring my dolls with, It came via Dawn, so I have only just received it at the Chat n Snap but at the perfect time as there are at least five , if not more dolls that need new string!


Now those who know me , will know that I absolutely adore miniatures and anything that's a scaled down version of something. So when I saw these in the Emma Bridgewater email for Christmas well I was hardly going to pass them by!


This Jug actually looks good with the Sasha, modeled by Raven, It looks like a big centre table jug, that a family would use plus it could be used as a vase for flowers.



The mug's are too big for Sasha but too small for me to ignore!! lol


They come in lovely little boxes if you want to send them as a gift .




They come with ribbon so you can hand them on your Christmas tree as decorations, not something I would do. They also come in other patterns.


These are three of them ! Yes I know THREE! but you have to remember I am a collector of Emma Bridgewater, so these are for my collection more than for the Sasha's.


These little jugs make me happy , that's now much I love little china items.

So that brings me to this months photo challenge , please send in your photo's of something or things you have found that you love but that can also be used for your Sasha's.
Normal rules, photos to be in by 6 pm gmt on 15th of November.

Which leaves me just to say A very Happy Birthday to all with a Birthday this month, may your day be special.


*********************************************************************************

NB

I have seen a lovely Gregor who would make a perfect Raffle prize for next years Chat n Snap, so if anyone would like to donate £5 or more towards his purchase I would be very grateful.


********************************************************************************

8 comments:

  1. I love the dresses on the girls, they look so pretty. I think a nice mustard or goldish yellow cardigan would look lovely, those bolero styled ones so that not too much of the dress is covered perhaps?
    I also love those jugs, they're so cute, I particularly like the polkadot one as I like all thinks spotted :)
    The mug is great too, it could be over sized so that the girls can enjoy hot chocolate or maybe it would be better for the Zwergnase girls as they are a little bigger?
    I am a bit skint at the moment after my trip to the UK but maybe in a few weeks I will be a bit more flush and can help out!
    Big hugs Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. That's what I was thinking maybe a goldy yellow in a short style to still be able to see lots of the dresses.
      I just so love these little jugs and mugs, the mug would be good for the larger dolls as would the jugs. I like that they can be used by a few different sizes.
      I know the feeling! Or I would just have sprung for him myself !
      Hugs Dee xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Dee - Such pretty girls and outfits.
    The little jugs are very cute - I used to collect miniature mugs/jugs etc as a teenager - I wonder if they are still at my mum's? I'll have to have a rummage next week.
    l'll start the donations for Gregor - seems only fair!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia. That would be a find if your mum's still got them, you'd be able to use them for your Sasha's.

      That's very kind of you to start the ball rolling :) xx

      Delete
  3. Love the tiny jugs -and totally understand you are exited to add them to your collection..

    The girls are pretty in their Michelledresses. This pattern seems to be perfect for little girls and the autumncolours are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the word 'rattling round',
      sounds like the year is a hamsterwheel in need for some oil *gg

      Delete
  4. I just love these Autunmal colours, gold, red, terracotta and dare I say it ORANGE, used in this post!
    I agree that the girls do now need a little cardigan to keep their arms warm. Perhaps if you take them to your wool stash there might be a suitable colour already in there to save buying any more.

    I had forgotten about your love of Emma Bridgewater pottery until I saw these little minature pieces.
    I do love it when people have collections. I used to collect ash/pin trays from various parts of the UK, rams, sheep and and lambs being born in the month of Aries, wooden ducks, Dinky/Corgi coaches and buses, Commerative coins and first day issue stamps, to name but a few but unfortunately since retiring to this small bungalow and with very limited space left by the Sasha Dolls they have had to be mostly moved on.... but still have my HUGE (and I mean HUGE!) collection of leather bookmarks from mine and my family's visits all over the UK.

    Will try to get my thinking cap on about this month's photo challenge but it might prove a little too much for me!
    My year, like yours is flying by, can hardly believe where my time is going but unlike yours, with precious little 'much needed' jobs getting done.The main positive thought though is that there are now only two months left before I can start buying Sasha Dolls again (....but this will undoubtedly undo all the good of this year of using that money to sort out my financial position!!!!)

    A very happy birthday to all those celebrating their birth day during this month. Hope that you all have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely pair of girls and their dresses are beautiful. I love the tiny pottery items too and they would make lovely gifts to friends and family. If you start trimming Winter's hair you might end up with a fabulous bob like VS's no navel girl. Just a thought but I sure could not cut Sasha hair without a lot of stress and shakey hands and scissors....maybe a small trimming is a better idea! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete