Friday 24 June 2016

WHEN IS A GIRAFFE NOT A GIRAFFE?


"Elfine I was wondering if you'd like your photo taken with a Giraffe for World Giraffe day ? "
"Why? "
"Well because your friend Tansy had her photo taken with one "
"Did she? " Elfine looks thoughtful " Alright !"


Suddenly an animal appears sitting beside her. " There you go !"

"That's not a Giraffe !" I say
"It's not ? "
"No "


She pulls the animal round and onto her lap " Are you a Giraffe? "
Who me? "
"Yes who else? "
"I'm a Fox " says the Fox
"So why are you here? "
"Well I wasn't a moment ago I was sitting in my den telling my children all about that bad old days when I had to run for my life , everytime I popped out for a chicken supper !"


In the blink of an eye Mr Fox is gone and someone else is sitting beside Elfine !
" That is not a Giraffe!"
"No? "
" No ! That's an Ass "
"Oi ! who you calling an Ass I'm a Donkey !"


"
 I pray thee, gentle mortal, sing again:
Mine ear is much enamour'd of thy note;
So is mine eye enthralled to thy shape;
And thy fair virtue's force perforce doth move me
On the first view to say, to swear, I love thee. "

" That's right nice of ya lass but the wife won't be too happy
if I stay here listening to this!" says the Ass I mean donkey looking worried

"FOOL!" says Elfine and in a blink of an eye he's gone

"Giraffe Elfine ! do you know what a Giraffe looks like? "


"Well I suppose it is sort of a Giraffe " I grumble
Elfine looks to the sky and sighs " What's wrong this time ? "
 "Well it's not a proper Giraffe is it? "


"Better!" demands Elfine
"Well sort of "
"Why sort of? "
"Well look at the size of his eyes!  and where's his neck? "
"Goodness you are soooo picky!"


"Well !" Elfine asks looking at the tiny Giraffe that's now appeared " Is this one Giraffe enough for you!"

"He is minute ! don't you have a bigger one? "



"He is not My newt , he's a Giraffe ! and I wish you would make your mind up!"


Suddenly the big dreamy eyed giraffe is back along with the tiny one " This is your last chance! I am not finding any more Giraffe's for this photo , take it or go away!"

" I cannot quite see the little Giraffe against your dress, do you think you.... " seeing the steely glint that's appeared in her eye I decide the best bet is to keep quiet and take the photo.


"All together say Cheese !"
No one says a word and I take the photo , thank them all for their time and retreat !



*******************************************************************************

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, I'm sure she doesn't mean to be difficult. When you are working with magic, things don't always happen as you'd expect.
    Elfine, your hair is a wonderful colour, perfect for magical experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you sure! I'm not ! I don't think she knew what a Giraffe was, if you ask me :)
      Yes that hair's definitely got magic in it!

      Delete
  2. Hahaha you're far too brave with your requests to Elfine, I think you should just be thankful that you're still around in your human form to actually take the photos!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably right! It could have been much worse than a Fox and a Donkey ! xxx

      Delete
  3. Hahahahahaaa! This is just what I needed to see today. Thank you so much. And I think Elfine is quite a tease to be honest........but oh so very well read!
    She could just as easily left with the parting line "Lord, what fools these mortals be!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it cheered you up :) She does like teasing people and is much more intelligent that she lets on! She more than likely muttered that as I left!! lol

      Delete
  4. Well, I know elftime is different from human time, but how old do you think she would be, had she been a mortal? I'm guessing 13 going on 100.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very different than human time, although she's young for an Elf, to us she looks young but has many years for walking this earth, she probably watched that Shakespeare play on it's first ever performance ! ;)

      Delete
  5. Interesting and different...but for me, I much prefer the pure Sasha Doll posts!
    Long live Sasha Dolls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas all sorts of dolls inhabit this Village but the Sasha's are still the top , so will of course be appearing again.. soon... Poor Mary's still waiting...

      Delete